Much like a few particularly well-known classic European condensers, the 4400a is a true all-rounder. You can put it up on just about anything and it'll sound great.
Unfortunately for many studio owners, those "classic condensers" are often not what they used to be. Capsule designs change over time, capacitors dry out, metal switches are replaced with plastic buttons and LEDs, and the mics that were once so versatile are now mere shadows of their former selves.
As with all sE mics, the 4400a's back-to-back brass-ringed capsules are hand-built and hand-tuned by our skilled technicians, just like any fine musical instrument.
The flat, round-edged chassis design and custom suspension mount allow the mic to be centered within the shock, flipped around and used flat against a drum head or guitar cab, or angled outwards and pushed through inside of a kick drum. And at less than 3/4" thick, it fits neatly in the palm of your hand, but is built to take a beating on the road.
sE Electronics sE4400a Features
- Hand-crafted capsules
- Custom shockmount+chassis
- sE4400a Matched Pair Large-diaphragm Condenser Microphones2
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar Patterns (selectable)Cardioid, Figure-8, Hypercardioid, Omnidirectional
- Frequency Range20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance50 Ohms
- Sensitivity25.12 mV/Pa (-32 dB)
- Max SPL122/132/142 dB (0/-10/-20 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio78 dB
- Self Noise16 dB(A)
- Pass Filter Switch60/120 Hz
- Preattenuation Pad-10/-20 dB
- Matching ConnectorsXLR3F
- Power requirement48V phantom
- Weight9.88oz (280g)