Fit for any challenges in the studio or on stage, the sE8 is a high-performance handcrafted small-diaphragm condenser, fresh from the labs at sE. Hand-made capsule implements a sophisticated backplate design that provides a perfectly balanced sound, so it's never harsh or aggressive - perfect for sources like high-hats and drum overheads. Matched pair ensures identical performance and the highest possible mic to mic consistency, so you can rest assured your stereo image will be as clear and accurate as possible.
It's also one of the quietest small-capsule mics on the planet - and with the highest dynamic range and SPL handling in its class, along with attenuation pads and low-cut filters for superb flexibility, the sE8 is ready for any sounds you’re making, whether in the studio environment or demanding on-stage applications.
The -10 dB and -20 dB pad switches provide extended dynamic range, enabling a wide range of applications and close-mic techniques for brass instruments, snare drums, and more.
Selectable at either 80Hz or 160Hz, two switchable low-cut filters help eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, as well as help compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques.
The sE8's all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise - and the high-quality finish and gold-plated XLR connector ensures a great look and a loss-free, reliable signal connection for years to come. The sE8 also comes standard with a newly-designed mic clip that will securely attach it to any mic stand.
sE Electronics sE8 Matched Pair Features
- Small in stature, huge in sound
- Gold-sputtered diaphragms for high reliability
- Handcrafted and individually tuned capsules
- Ultra-precision electrode design optimized for superb linearity and natural sonics
- Newly developed backplate design provides smooth, natural sound and consistent off-axis response
- Sophisticated acoustic design with precision components
- Avoids coloration in demanding applications
- High dynamic range without distortion and brilliant transient response
- Low noise without using integrated circuits
- Two switchable pre-attenuation pads
- Two switchable low-cut filters
- All-metal housing with gold-plated XLR connector
- Perfect for sources like hi-hats and drum overheads
- sE8 condenser microphones2
- Mic clips (with thread adapters)2
- Wind screens2
- Stereo bar1
- Metal case1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Range20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance110 ohms
- Sensitivity25 mV/Pa (-32 dBV)
- Max SPL139 / 149 / 159 dBSPL (0/10/20 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Equivalent Noise Level13 dB(A)
- Dynamic Range126 / 136 / 146 dB (0/10/20 dB Attentuation pad)
- Signal to Noise Ratio81 dB
- Low-Cut Filter80 / 160 Hz, 6 dB/Oct, switchable
- Attenuation Pad10 / 20 dB, switchable
- Powering48 Volts according to IEC 61938
- Current Consumption2.7 mA
- Connectivity3-pin male XLR connector
- Dimensions0.91" diameter x 4.72"
- Weight4.97 oz (141 g)