Designed for high-definition field production environments, the MP-1 is an ideal studio-quality mic pre for critical radio, television, and film applications.
This mic preamp is extremely durable and easy to use. With rugged mechanical and electrical construction and high-quality components, it will provide years of superb audio performance under the most punishing field conditions.
The MP-1 provides up to 66 dB of clean, nearly noiseless gain. Its transformer-balance microphone preamplifier offers a two-position highpass filter, extended range, selectable peak limiter, and 48 V phantom power, ensuring superior sonic quality and freedom from interference problems.
Sound Devices MP-1 Features
- Superb audio specifications
- 66 dB of gain, in eleven discrete steps
- Transformer-balanced input and output
- Phantom power - 48 volt or 12 volt
- High pass filter @ 80 Hz or 160 Hz, 6 dB/octave
- Limiter makes unit virtually "unclippable"
- High current line output drive
- Excellent immunity to RF interference
- Battery power (two x AA)
- Durable mechanical construction
- MP-1 single channel mic preamp1
- Frequency Response20 Hz to 22 kHz, +0.1, -0.5 dB, –1 dB at 50 kHz (relative to 1 kHz level with 150 ohm source)
- Gain0 dB to 66 dB input to output, switch selectable
- Gain Accuracy+0.6, –0.1 dB with reference to front panel gain markings (150 ohm source, 100k ohm load impedances)
- Equivalent Input Noise–126 dBu (–128 dBV) minimum (150 ohm source, flat weighting, 22–22 kHz bandwidth, gain setting 36 dB or greater
- Output Clipping Level
- +22 dBu minimum with 100k ohm load
- +20 dBu minimum with 600 ohm load
- Input Clipping Level+4 dBu minimum at the 0 or +18 dB gain setting
- Dynamic Range122 dB minimum at the +18 dB gain setting
- THD + Noise0.05% max. (from 50 Hz – 22 kHz @ +4 dBu output level, +46 dB gain setting)
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio
- 100 dB minimum at 80 Hz
- 60 dB minimum at 10 Hz
- Inputtransformer-balanced, 2000 ohm input impedance
- Outputtransformer-balanced, 130 ohm output impedance
- Low Cut80 Hz or 160 Hz (switch selectable), 6 dB per octave
- Phantom Power12-volt or 48-volt (switch selectable) per DIN 45 596 specification
- Limiterlimits to +17 dBu output level 10:1 limiting ratio; 5 mS attack time, 100 mS release time; Amber/Red LED indicates limiting/clipping
- Internal Voltage Rails±15 V, regulated
- Power2 AA batteries, 24 hours life typical with +4 dBu signal into 600 ohms, no phantom power
- Power LEDGreen indicates power and good battery. Red indicates power with low batteries. LED turns red when approximately 4 hours of battery life remain
- Polaritymic input to line output is non-inverting
- Operating Temperature Range32° to 160° F (0° to 70° C)
- Dimensions (HxWxD)1.7" x 3.7" x 5.55"
- Weight1.24 pounds