The Vanguard V1 is a multi-capsule FET pencil condenser microphone. Lovingly crafted by experts, it is designed to be a versatile, reliable, professional tool for any recording engineer, studio, producer, or artist. With a “straight-wire” circuit design, premium cryogenically-treated FET componentry, an unparalleled selection of capsules, and a true heavy-duty shockmount, the V1 will be your new studio workhorse.
Vanguard V1 Microphone is packed with high-end componentry including an ultra-quality precision-biased JFET, a custom-wound transformer, premium capacitors, and cryogenic treatment throughout. A “straight-wire” design philosophy means there’s only four components between the capsule and the output.
Four 22mm interchangeable capsules give you unmatched flexibility – cardioid, wide cardioid, hypercardioid, and omnidirectional. Ultra-sensitive 4-micron diaphragms, an anti-comb-filtering front design, and precision-machined backplates give wide consistency across each capsule.
The provided VSSM Shockmount provides the best pencil shockmount possible. Heavy-duty cast zinc partners with high-impact ABS to create a shockmount that stays where it’s supposed to. Aerospace-grade suspension rings keep the rumble out (no hair scrunchies here!), and a windowed design allows you to easily access switches without changing the your mic placement.
A pinewood storage case is also included, because your microphones should stay safe in luxury! Vanguard has carved individual capsule pockets into a block of solid pine, and custom-cut foam for your mics to stay cozy and secure…whether they’re on the road or in your studio.
Vanguard Audio Labs V1 Kit Features
- 4 small-diaphragm 22mm capsule assemblies – cardioid, hypercardioid, omnidirectional, wide cardioid
- Transformer-balanced solid-state circuit
- Ultra low-noise high-quality hand-biased JFET and other premium-grade components
- Deep-cycle cryogenic treatment of critical signal & power path components
- Transformer-balanced output – custom-wound humbucking dual-bobbin transformer
- Works via 48V phantom power
- Heavy-duty brass, aircraft-grade aluminum, steel, and zinc construction
- Each V1 comes with its own laser-engraved serial number
- Over-spec componentry
- Deep-gloss Pinot Noir finish
- Polished nickel trim
- Precision-cast Vanguard badge
- Final Assembly & 100% Quality Control in California, USA
- 5-Year Warranty
- V1 condenser microphone1
- Cardioid capsule1
- Wide cardioid capsule1
- Hypercardioid capsule1
- Omnidirectional capsule1
- VSSM shockmount1
- Pinewood storage case1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternsCardioid, Hypercardioid, Omnidirectional, Wide Cardioid
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance200Ω
- Equivalent Noise Level<15 dBA
- Electronics Typesolid-state, transformer-balanced output