Microphones often have built-in features that act to limit undesirable noises from being picked up. With surface-mounted microphones, shock-mount plate AT8646QM reduces mechanical noises and vibrations. Pair with compatible gooseneck or other lightweight plug-in microphones with XLRM-type outputs.
This shock-mount plate can be mounted in any smooth, horizontal surface. Suspended rubber panel detaches the microphone from mounting surface, effectively limiting vibrations and mechanical noise. Shock-mount is designed to be screwed into the mounting surface; this helps ensure best performance. Since shock-mount is screwed into place, permanent and frequently used speaking areas are recommended, such as podiums and pulpits.
Included on the shock-mount plate is a mute switch. This can mute the microphone in use with 24-48V of phantom power.
Audio-Technica AT8646QM/S Features
- For use with microphones mounted on lecterns, pulpits, conference tables and other surfaces
- Suspended rubber panel isolates microphone from the mounting surface
- Reduces mechanical noise and vibration
- Lighted mute switch (requires 24-48V phantom power)
- XLRF connector mount
- AT8646QM/S Microphone Shock-Mount Plate with Switch1
- Two Year Limited End User Warranty1
- Input connector 3-pin XLRF-type connector
- Output connectors Terminal Strip
- Dimensions 78 mm (3.07") wide, 78 mm (3.07") deep, 8.4 mm (0.33") high
- Weight2.3 oz (64 g)