The RØDE M3 is a highly versatile end-address condenser microphone, designed to be completely at home in the studio, on stage or on location. It is equally suitable as an instrument microphone for guitars, drums and percussion or even vocals.
Featuring a heavy duty metal body and internally shock mounted 1/2" condenser capsule mounted for end-address, the M3 can be powered either via P48 phantom power, or an internal 9V battery.
A -10dB and -20dB level attenuator (pad), selectable from inside the battery compartment, allows recording of loud sound sources, such as a guitar amplifier or snare drum. A high-pass filter selectable on the microphone power switch introduces a filter at 80Hz to reduce low frequency sounds and handling noise.
The RØDE M3 microphone is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
Rode M3 Features
- Heavy duty metal body
- Internal capsule shock mount
- High level of RF rejection
- On-mic selectable high pass filter @ 80Hz-12dB/Oct (-10 and -20dB PAD)
- Heat-treated high-strength mesh head
- Battery status indicator
- 9V Battery Power, 24 or 48V Phantom Power
- Includes wind shield, mic clip and zip pouch
- 1 Year Warranty (10 years when you register your microphone)
- M3 versatile end-address condenser microphone1
- Microphone clip1
- Padded zip pouch1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Range40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance200 Ω
- Sensitivity-40.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (6.30mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Max. SPL142 dB SPL
- Max. Output Level9.2mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-Weighted)21 dBA
- Active ElectronicsJFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Weight13.76 oz
- Dimensions8.86" x 1.29" x 1.29"