The new VFR “i” revision brings the VF concept more fully into the EAW product line. VFR “i” Series black versions provides side handles and a handle designed into the rear of the cabinet. An installation only white version comes without handles or a pole mount cup.
The VFR129i two-way, full range loudspeaker system includes a direct radiating,vented, 12-in LF cone transducer and a 1-in exit / 1.75-in voice coil HF compression driver loaded with a large, square, user-rotatable 90×60 or 60×45 coverage pattern horn built on the classic MK Series horns. These horns deliver exceptional high frequency dispersion, and their square shape lets users “rotate the enclosure around the horn” to maintain directivity in a horizontal configuration. The standard horn is field replaceable with an optional 60×45 horn. This change incorporates a passive filter adjustment to maintain consistent acoustic response and smooth beamwidth throughout the crossover region.
Because VF Series full range systems (VFR/VFM) use HF sections similar to those developed for the MK Series, EAW engineers could employ the same revolutionary “beamwidth-matching” internal passive crossover/filter networks that set the MK Series apart from all other two-way systems. If powered by an EAW-specified amplifier or via a UX Series digital signal processor, the VFR129i can enjoy the benefits of EAW Focusing, a technology that eliminates the anomalies inherent in the time domain of any loudspeaker.
The VFR129i black version includes traditional portable features such as a pole-mount cup, parallel NL4 4-terminal connector, barrier strip connector, an optional transformer and handles that accept accessory covers for permanent installation. The white, installation-only versions omit handles and the pole-mount cup but include NL4 connector, barrier strip connector, an optional transformer, and multiple mounting points. The new design leaves the enclosure sides completely smooth and attractive. Optional rigging hardware is available for preconfigured arrays with VFS sub bass systems.
EAW VFR129i Features
- Two-way, full range loudspeakers
- Beamwidth-matching crossover point
- Large, user-rotatable horn for optimized pattern control
- Easy lift handles (black version only)
- VFR129i 2-way passive speaker1
- Frequency response50Hz - 20kHz
- Max SPL133dB
- Operating modesingle-amp LF/HF
- SubsystemLF 1x 12" cone; HF 1x 1" exit, 1.75" voice coil compression driver
- Nominal beamwidth90° horizontal x 60° vertical
- Power handlingfull range passive 500W @ 8ohms
- Connectionsbarrier strip, NL4 input/loop
- Dimensions (HxWxD)25.9" x 16.2" x 16.4"
- Weight54 pounds (24.5 kg)