The Neumann NDH 20 is a closed-back headphone combining excellent isolation with the carefully balanced sound image and outstanding resolution you’d expect from a Neumann product. The NDH 20 is thus ideally suited to monitoring and mixing tasks, even in loud and noisy environments. Circumaural memory foam ear pads offer high long-term comfort.
The NDH 20 offers an astonishingly detailed, well-balanced sound image, similar to Neumann's acclaimed studio loudspeakers. Superior sonics along with larger memory foam ear pads make the NDH 20 a pleasure to wear for long periods without fatigue.
The NDH 20 uses newly designed drivers (38mm/1.5") with high-gauss neodymium magnets to ensure high sensitivity and minimized distortion, allowing the user to listen to the pure audio signal without unwanted coloration. Mechanical construction meets the highest standards: adjustable headband is made of flexible steel, ear cup covers are machined from lightweight aluminum. For easy transportation the headphone is foldable and can be placed into the supplied soft cloth bag. Two detachable cables (one straight, one coiled) and a 6.3 mm (1/4”) adapter are also included.
The NDH 20 is suited to all applications that require high sound isolation such as monitoring for musicians and engineers in the tracking room as well as FOH work. It is also an excellent choice for critical listening, free from disturbance from the outside world and, vice versa, without causing disturbance to people nearby due to leakage. Thanks to its extended frequency response ranging from 5 Hz to 30 kHz the NDH 20 is particularly helpful to check the upper and lower extremes of the audio band.
Unlike most other closed-back headphones, the Neumann NDH 20 is suited to mixing purposes too. An unusually even frequency response and natural stereo image allow for mixing with confidence and ensure compatibility to all playback systems. The NDH 20 is thus an indispensible tool for working on the road. Of course, it is also an excellent headphone for audiophile entertainment.
Neumann NDH 20 Features
- Studio quality sound with outstanding resolution
- High sound isolation in loud environments
- Excellent comfort for extended listening sessions
- High quality metal construction
- Foldable design for easy transportation
- Soft cloth bag1
- 10 ft Straight cable1
- 5-10 ft Coiled cable1
- 1/4" adapter1
- Ear Couplingcircumaural
- Acoustic Principledynamic closed
- Transducer Diameter38 mm (1.5")
- Transducer Magnetneodymium
- Diaphragm Materialduofol
- Transducer Protectioncloth covered grille
- Nominal Impedance150 Ω
- Frequency Response5 Hz - 30,000 Hz
- Sensitivity at 1kHz/1Vrms114 dB SPL
- Max Input Power Handling1000 mW
- Continuous Input Power Handling200 mW
- THD at 1kHz and 100 dB SPL<0.10%
- Sound Isolation>34 dB (>4kHz)
- Cable Entrysingle sided, right ear cup
- Connectivity3.5mm (1/8") TRS jack plug (straight), adapter for 6.3mm (1/4"