The AD-C4T-LP from QSC’s AcousticDesign series is a low-profile version of the AD-C4T two-way ceiling loudspeaker. It’s ideal in foreground and background sound reinforcement situations utilizing 70/100V or 16Ω bypass configurations. The AD-C4T features a high-quality 4.5" weather-treated paper cone woofer with a 1" voice coil and a .75" aluminum dome tweeter. Among its many features, Intrinsic Correction™ voicings can be deployed to optimize installation and performance.
Achieve coherent transition between transducers with Directivity Matched Transition™ (DMT), QSC’s design philosophy where the high-frequency waveguide is matched to the natural conical behavior of the woofer at the crossover point. DMT’s improved off-axis power response results in consistent 150° conical coverage.
Maintain an accurate frequency response even in 70/100V applications. The AD-C4T-LP’s low-loss, low-saturation 30W transformer offers selectable taps (including 16Ω bypass) and incorporates a rotary selector under the magnetic snap-fit steel grille.
In addition to its durable powder-coated steel back can, the AD-C4T-LP boasts a rugged ABS baffle that uses UV inhibitors to prevent discoloration. The magnetic grille has a removable logo ideal for non-branded installations.
The AD-C4T-LP comes with a “dog-ear” mounting system. Its conduit cover plate can be removed to access its locking 4-pole Euro-block connector; this connector accepts up to four 18AWG pairs, eliminating the hassles of star topology wiring designs.
AcousticDesign speakers are free of obtrusive branding. They’re available in black or white, as well as paintable to match any décor.
More about QSC’s AcousticDesign Series
Easy installation, flexible mounting options, and rugged, high-weather resistance are just three of the features that set QSC’s AcousticDesign™ series apart. These premium loudspeakers are designed to give contractors and integrators versatile, reliable solutions for permanent sound installations. Unified by premium audio quality and consistent tonal characteristics this series is comprised of ceiling, surface, and pendant alternatives ideal for environments where you need the perfect combination of performance, coverage, and aesthetic appeal.
QSC AD-C4T-LP Features
- Priced individually, sold only in pairs
- Consistent tonal characteristics across the entire AcousticDesign™ family in both surface or ceiling applications
- Directivity Matched Transition® (DMT) waveguide ensures smooth, uniform frequency response over the coverage area
- Snap-fit magnetic grille
- 3x double stepped, long travel dog-ear blind mount system
- Advanced Intrinsic Correction™ voicings available via Q-SYS™
- Low-saturation and low-loss 70/100V transformers with 16Ω bypass
- Blemish-free removable logo
- Removable conduit cover plate, also available as accessory for pre-install wiring
- UL1480 and UL2043 certified
- Available in white
- AD-C4T-LP 4.5-Inch Low Profile Ceiling Speaker2
- Tile rails1
- Rail screws1
- Euroblock connector1
- Cut-out template1
- Tether grille2
- Effective frequency range 70 Hz – 20 kHz
- Rated noise power / voltage 30 watts / 22 volts (rms)
- Sensitivity (dB)  87
- Sensitivity at 4m, 100V maximum tapTBD
- Rated coverage (-6 dB) 150° conical DMT™
- Directivity factor (Q)4.5
- Directivity index (DI) [dB]6.5
- Maximum continuous SPL (dB) 102
- Maximum peak SPL (dB) 108
- Nominal impedance [ohms]16
- Recommended amplifier60 watts
- Transformer taps / impedance
- 16Ω (in bypass setting)
- 3.75W (70V); 7.5W (100V) Tap: 1333Ω
- 7.5W (70V); 15W (100V) Tap: 667Ω
- 15W (70V); 30W (100V) Tap: 333Ω
- 30W (70V); N/A (100V) Tap: 167Ω
- LF transducer114 mm [4.5-inch] weather resistant paper cone woofer
- HF transducer19 mm [0.75-inch] aluminum dome tweeter
- Input connector typeEuroblock connector with parallel output
- Enclosure materialABS baffle on powder coated steel back can
- Grille materialPowder coated steel
- Ingress protectionIP-34
- Operating environmentDesigned for indoor use
- Operating temperature range-4 to 122° F (-20 to 50° C)
- Cutout dimensionØ 9.65-inch (Ø 245 mm)
- Net weight6.6 lbs (3kg)
- Product dimensions (Diameter x Height)Ø 11.02 x 3.93" (Ø 280 x 100 mm)
- Shipping weight22.5 lbs (10.2kg), pair packed
- Shipping dimensions (HxWxD)7.2 x 27.5 x 15.5" (183 x 699 x 394mm), pair packed
- Safety AgencyUL1480, UL2043, NFPA90, NFPA70 suitable for use in air handling spaces. Transformer UL registered per UL1876, ROHS, C-Tick X000, CE compliant. Baffle meets UL94-V0 and UL94-5VB flammability rating; in accordance with IEC60849 / EN60849 systems.
-  Half Space, -10dB from on-axis sensitivity
-  IEC60268-5 50hz high passed noise at 2 Hrs, 16Ω
-  Free-field, on-axis, 2.83V, 1m
-  -6 dB from on-axis, 500 Hz–5 kHz average
-  Calculated from rated noise voltage and sensitivity