The QSC AcousticDesign™ AD-C4T-LP is a 4.5" two-way low profile ceiling loudspeaker ideally suited for a wide variety of foreground and background sound reinforcement applications which utilize 70/100V or 16Ω bypass configurations.
The AcousticDesign™ Series offers integrators a premium quality installed sound solution where performance, consistent coverage, and aesthetics are paramount. Specifically designed to maintain a consistent tonal characteristic across the entire family in ceiling, surface, and pendant applications, the AcousticDesign series allows integrators seamless transitions within blended installations.
The AD-C4T features a high quality 4.5" weather treated paper cone woofer with a 1" voice coil and a .75" aluminum dome tweeter which is positioned on a DMT waveguide.
DMT (Directivity Matched Transition™) is QSC’s design philosophy where the high frequency waveguide is matched to the natural conical behavior of the woofer at the crossover point. The result is a coherent transition between transducers with improved off-axis power response for consistent 150° conical DMT coverage.
The accurate frequency response of the AD-C4T-LP is maintained even in 70/100V applications by use of a low-loss, low-saturation 30-watt transformer with selectable taps, including 16Ω bypass, using a rotary selector located under the snap-fit magnetically attached powder coat steel grille.
To retain lasting good looks, the rugged ABS baffle is further protected by using UV inhibitors that prevent discoloration and by a powder coated steel back can. The magnetic grille features a stick-on logo that can be removed blemish-free for installations where branding is not permitted.
Installers will appreciate the 3x double stepped, long travel dog-ear blind mounting system, which captures from 0" - 2.25" of ceiling thickness. The conduit cover plate can be easily removed by losening the single captive Phillips screw allowing access to the locking 4-pole Euro-block connector which can accept up to four 18AWG pairs, eliminating the hassles of star topology wiring designs.
Intrinsic Correction™ voicings that optimize performance and speed the install process are easily deployed via the Q-SYS Platforms, including CXD Series amplifiers, as part of a complete QSC systems solution.
QSC AD-C4T-LP Features
- Consistent tonal characteristics across the entire AcousticDesign™ family in both surface or ceiling applications
- Directivity Matched Transition® (DMT) waveguide ensures smooth, uniform frequency response over the coverage area
- Snap-fit magnetic grille
- 3x double stepped, long travel dog-ear blind mount system
- Advanced Intrinsic Correction™ voicings available via Q-SYS™
- Low-saturation and low-loss 70/100V transformers with 16Ω bypass
- Blemish-free removable logo
- Removable conduit cover plate, also available as accessory for pre-install wiring
- UL1480 and UL2043 certified
- Available in white
- AD-C4T-LP 4.5-Inch Low Profile Ceiling Speaker2
- Tile rails1
- Rail screws1
- Euroblock connector1
- Cut-out template1
- Tether grille2
- Effective frequency range 70 Hz – 20 kHz
- Rated noise power / voltage 30 watts / 22 volts (rms)
- Sensitivity (dB)  87
- Sensitivity at 4m, 100V maximum tapTBD
- Rated coverage (-6 dB) 150° conical DMT™
- Directivity factor (Q)4.5
- Directivity index (DI) [dB]6.5
- Maximum continuous SPL (dB) 102
- Maximum peak SPL (dB) 108
- Nominal impedance [ohms]16
- Recommended amplifier60 watts
- Transformer taps / impedance
- 16Ω (in bypass setting)
- 3.75W (70V); 7.5W (100V) Tap: 1333Ω
- 7.5W (70V); 15W (100V) Tap: 667Ω
- 15W (70V); 30W (100V) Tap: 333Ω
- 30W (70V); N/A (100V) Tap: 167Ω
- LF transducer114 mm [4.5-inch] weather resistant paper cone woofer
- HF transducer19 mm [0.75-inch] aluminum dome tweeter
- Input connector typeEuroblock connector with parallel output
- Enclosure materialABS baffle on powder coated steel back can
- Grille materialPowder coated steel
- Ingress protectionIP-34
- Operating environmentDesigned for indoor use
- Operating temperature range-4 to 122° F (-20 to 50° C)
- Cutout dimensionØ 9.65-inch (Ø 245 mm)
- Net weight6.6 lbs (3kg)
- Product dimensions (Diameter x Height)Ø 11.02 x 3.93" (Ø 280 x 100 mm)
- Shipping weight22.5 lbs (10.2kg), pair packed
- Shipping dimensions (HxWxD)7.2 x 27.5 x 15.5" (183 x 699 x 394mm), pair packed
- Safety AgencyUL1480, UL2043, NFPA90, NFPA70 suitable for use in air handling spaces. Transformer UL registered per UL1876, ROHS, C-Tick X000, CE compliant. Baffle meets UL94-V0 and UL94-5VB flammability rating; in accordance with IEC60849 / EN60849 systems.
-  Half Space, -10dB from on-axis sensitivity
-  IEC60268-5 50hz high passed noise at 2 Hrs, 16Ω
-  Free-field, on-axis, 2.83V, 1m
-  -6 dB from on-axis, 500 Hz–5 kHz average
-  Calculated from rated noise voltage and sensitivity