Sennheiser EW-DX Wireless Microphone Systems
Take the complexities out of wireless audio, all while enjoying sophisticated tools that help you easily set up and operate your system. Delivering peak performance, EW-DX offers seamless product pairing and management that is reliable and intuitive. This wireless series builds on decades of research, utilizes refined technologies, and incorporates sophisticated tools to deliver a scalable digital UHF system.
Effortlessly take control and monitor your mic system from your mobile device with tools like Sennheiser’s Control Cockpit, Wireless Systems Manager (WSM), or Smart Assist app that provides a detailed system view in complex, networked environments. Equidistant channel spacing, auto scan, and Bluetooth® Low Energy sync allow you to coordinate and set frequencies with the push of a button. Auto Scan assigns channels so you can pack more channels more reliably, without risking intermodulation interference. The equidistant frequency grid allocates more channels per available space. Meanwhile, automatic RF setup allows for easy in-room multi-channel installations.
EW-DX Distinguishing Features
- Optimized for presentations and lectures, virtual or hybrid conferencing, and live sound applications such as musical or theatrical performances or worship services
- Advanced level of Sennheiser Control Cockpit (SCC) integration allows for remote, network-enabled management in installations of all sizes
- Effortless system control and monitoring are enabled through 3rd party applications
- Network-enabled charging options are available for handheld and bodypack transmitters with CHG 70N
- Secure transmission of confidential content via AES-256 encryption
- Digital audio over the network for easy integration into any existing Dante network
- Up to 12 hours of continuous battery life
- Transmitters with function buttons for convenient on-device control
- e-Ink display on transmitters allows for easy user identification
- Automatic RF setup enables easy in-room configuration
- 134dB audio input dynamic range – no sensitivity settings needed
- 1.9 ms ultra-low latency
Choose a system that consistently delivers reliable, high-quality audio, even in the most demanding and sensitive environments. EW-DX boasts a digital UHF transmission enhanced by a wide dynamic range and ultra-low latency that effortlessly keeps up with every detail of your sound. Sennheiser’s proprietary SePac audio codec and innovative conversion technology sum up to deliver outstanding audio transparency along the entire signal chain, from the moment your sound is captured by a transmitter to the time it reaches your audience’s ears.
EW-DX’s Intelligent Switching Diversity digital system enables antenna switching between audio frames to deliver a stable connection without audible artifacts. In transmitters with a 134 dB dynamic range, no sensitivity settings are required. Other features include in-device charging, 12-hour battery operation, and switching bandwidth up to 88 MHz.
Dante® network audio, Ethernet control ports, and AES-256 encryption allow EW-DX to be securely transmitted and placed on IT networks. Link Density Mode packs even more channels into a dedicated space while making the most of interchangeable series components across the Evolution Wireless Digital line. Customize your setup with accessories that help manage power and signal distribution.
Frequency Asked Questions
- What are the main differences between the various EW-D series (EW-D, EW-DP, and EW-DX)?
- EW-D is the base series for general applications, while EW-DP is specialized for professional productions such as broadcast studios, and EW-DX is optimized for presentations and lectures, virtual or hybrid conferencing, and live sound
- What is the range of the EW-D transmitter?
- Up to 100 m (line-of-sight)
- What is the latency?
- 1.9 ms
- Can I operate EW-DX with desktop applications such as WSM or Control Cockpit?
- Yes. EW-DX can be operated via WSM or Control Cockpit and also comes with the Smart Assist app for streamlined control from your mobile device.
- Is the EW-D Smart Assist app necessary to operate my devices?
- No; although there are benefits to using the app, all EW-D components can be operated without it.
- Can the transmitter and receiver connect to other Bluetooth-capable systems?
- Yes, but only if using the EW-D Smart Assist app.