A benchmark for total audio immersion, the HD 650 reproduces the subtle details in your tracks with the same confidence as the highlights. With a fluid signature tuned for hours of fatigue-free listening, it is the headphone to reach for when the music matters most.
With expertly balanced acoustics, luxurious construction and timeless design,this open-back headphone is beloved by studio professionals and audiophiles alike for its musical, non-fatiguing sound while still offering intimate levels of detail. Upon the first note, your recordings reveal their true potential, and each moment of the performance becomes an opportunity to react all over again. Whether for audio editing, mixing, mastering or critical listening, the HD 650 is an instant upgrade.
The HD 650’s signature sound starts with Sennheiser in-house acoustics. The response and dimensional soundstage of the HD 650 are smooth—its open earcups provide each and every soundwave ample room to expand as they would naturally. The 42mm transducer deploys a 38mm diaphragm with aluminum voice coil specifically tuned for extended, critical listening: overall treble and low-frequency presence are effortless while midrange is reproduced with lifelike composure. By reducing variances between left and right channels, the headphone reproduces mastering-grade sound independent of room acoustics or loudspeaker positioning.
Headphones come with a detachable, impedance-matched cable with ultra-low capacitance. The ¼-inch / 6.3mm stereo connector offers the audiophile-standard plug for connection to devices such as headphone amplifiers and A/V receivers, digital audio players, computer-based workstations, analog gear, and more. At 9.8' it offers unencumbered listening on gear deep within your shelves, studio, or desktop. A flexible adapter is included to reduce the 6.3mm to 3.5mm / ⅛-inch for plugging into countless other audio devices.
Sennheiser HD 650 Features
- Open-back dynamic headphones
- Go-to reference monitoring solution
- Special damping element made from fine acoustic metal mesh
- Extremely tight production tolerances (± 1 dB) and handpicked components
- Exclusive 42 mm transducer and 38 mm diaphragm
- Detachable connecting cable made from highly conductive OFC copper
- Lightweight, timeless design and comfortable velour pads for hours of fatigue-free listening
- HD 650 open-back dynamic headphones1
- Frequency Response10Hz - 41,000Hz
- SPL103 dB
- Contact Pressure6.0 N ± 1 N
- Ear Couplingcircumaural
- Connector1/4" (6.35mm) stereo jack plug
- Adapter1/4" (6.35mm) stereo jack plug to 3.5mm stereo jack plug
- Cable Length9.84 ft
- Transducer Principledynamic, open
- Nominal Impedance300 Ω