Coupled with the SM86 cartridge, the MXW2 is a handheld transmitter compatible with Microflex Wireless Systems. With lightweight but durable construction and integrated diversity antennas, the MXW2 delivers vivid lifelike sound, intelligent wireless performance, encrypted transmission, and advanced rechargeability for presentation and conferencing applications.
Featuring lightweight yet durable construction, MXW2/SM86 delivers vivid lifelike sound, intelligent wireless performance, encrypted transmission, and advanced rechargeability for conferencing and presentation applications.
Shure MXW2/SM86 Features
- Dual transmit antennas: Maximizes transmission strength depending on hand placement
- Bi-directional wireless: Enables real-time remote control of all wireless microphone settings
- Programmable mute button: Allows customization of local or remote muting behavior per application, with options including push-to-talk, push-to-mute, and external control
- Standby mode: Enabled remotely during breaks or periods of inactivity to significantly extend battery life when not in use
- Wide working range: Reliable wireless coverage extends up to 160 feet (50 meters)
- Range warning alert: Emits beeping sound when range limit is exceeded
- Easy transmitter linking: Assign the microphone to an access point channel by simply docking it into a networked charging station and pressing "Link"
- Encrypted wireless: AES 256-bit encryption for secure transmission
- Advanced Li-ion batteries: Smart lithium-ion internal batteries provide up to 9 hours of continuous use, charge fully in 2 hours, and enable remote monitoring over the network of remaining runtime and charge status in hours and minutes
- USB charging: Connects to any standard USB power source for "always on" usage. Charge time using SBC-USB adapter: <3.5 hours while mic is in use
- Anti-roll design: Features a flat resting point to prevent the microphone from accidentally rolling off a flat surface
- MXW2/SM86 Microphone Transmitter1
- Microphone TypeDigital Wireless Handheld
- Capsule TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Audio Frequency Response50 Hz-20 kHz (Dependent on microphone type)
- Working Range160 feet
- Mute ControlYes
- Battery TypeSB902 or SB905 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Battery RuntimeSB902 Standard Density Mode: Up to 15 hours, High Density Mode: Up to 16 hours; SB905 Standard Density Mode: Up to 23 hours, High Density Mode: Up to 29 hours
- Dimensions8.9 in. x 2.0 in. Length x Dia.
- Weight13 oz with batteries