Designed for spoken or musical applications in mid-size locations, the Shure QLXD14/85 Digital Wireless Lavalier Microphone System combines professional features with simple setup and operation. The QLXD4 receiver pairs with the QLXD1 bodypack transmitter, which features lapel mic WL185. A wide range of motion adds even more convenience when you use this bodypack transmitter that can communicate with a receiver within a 328-foot range (line of sight). Simply clip the bodypack transmitter to a belt or guitar strap and clip the lapel mic to your top before use.
The WL185 Cardioid TQG Lavalier Microphone
A cardioid lav mic, WL185 has a 130-degree pickup angle, making it well-suited to reject ambient noise. This focus makes it ideal for presentations and other speaking engagements. Gain can be adjusted directly from a recessed dial on the bodypack transmitter, and this dial can even be set in place with lockable interface to prevent accidental setting changes. As with the receiver, the transmitter has LED indicators to display power, mute, and battery charge statuses. Batteries included with the transmitter allow for up to 10 hours of continuous use.
The QLXD1 Bodypack Transmitter
Transparent 24-bit digital audio quality and incredibly efficient RF spectrum usage make the QLXD1 bodypack transmitter ideal for wireless vocals and instruments in presentation spaces, music venues, houses of worship, and more. With over 120 dB of dynamic range, you won’t need to adjust any transmitter gain. This bodypack also comes with AES 256-bit encryption, giving you confidence that every transmission is secure.
Boasting an easy-to-read backlit display, this bodypack is designed for intuitive, efficient use. Use selectable display mode to personalize what settings are shown, choose the desired group/channel, frequency, or battery runtime (when using the optional Shure SB900B battery, sold separately). The QLXD1 quickly syncs with a wireless receiver over IR at the push of a button and maintains a clear, uninterrupted signal over its entire 100 m (330 ft.) range, with no transmitter gain adjustments needed.
The QLXD1 features all-metal construction to ensure durability, while a wide selection of compatible microphone choices offers legendary Shure sound signatures. This bodypack also comes with a detachable ¼ wave antenna. Additionally, the QLXD1 includes external charging contacts, allowing for docked charging.
The QLXD4 Digital Wireless Receiver
Get the perfect balance of professional features and intuitive efficiency with the QLXD4 digital wireless receiver. This receiver delivers transparent 24-bit digital audio quality and incredibly efficient RF spectrum usage. Streamline your workflow: Find open frequencies fast with automatic scanning, then deploy them to transmitters using one-touch IR sync.
Experience expanded capabilities with ethernet networking. This allows you to use networked channel scanning across multiple receivers, remotely control settings from your computer via Wireless Workbench® software integration, and remote monitoring from iOS devices is also available (via the ShurePlus™ Channels Mobile App).
More about QLX-D Digital Wireless Systems
QLX-D® Digital Wireless systems deliver more wireless capacity to mid-size venues without compromising signal. Streamline setup across multiple receivers. The 24-bit digital audio and the wide frequency response capture the sound as clearly and accurately as it was produced. Wireless Workbench® software provides real-time access, monitoring, and control throughout the performance, allowing you to manage the system from your iOS device for maximum convenience. The rechargeable lithium-ion battery option extends performance on stage.
Shure QLXD14/85 Features
- Transparent 24-bit digital audio
- Extended 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency range (microphone dependent)
- 120 dB dynamic range
- Digital predictive switching diversity
- 64 MHz tuning bandwidth (region dependent)
- More than 60 available channels per frequency band (region dependent)
- Up to 17 compatible systems per 6MHz TV band; 22 systems per 8 MHz band
- Easy pairing of transmitters and receivers over IR scan and sync
- Automatic channel scan
- Ethernet networking for multiple receiver systems
- Network channel scanning configures open frequencies for networked receivers
- Compatible with Shure Wireless Workbench 6 control software
- Remote control from a mobile device or tablet via ShurePlus™ Channels app
- AES-256 encryption for secure wireless transmission
- Elegant and easy-to-use interface with high-contrast LCD menu
- Compatible with external control systems such as AMX or Crestron
- Professional-grade all-metal construction
- Transmitters use 2 AA batteries or Shure rechargeable battery
- QLXD4 Receiver1
- QLXD1 Bodypack Transmitter1
- PS24 Power Supply1
- BNC Cables (2')2
- Bulkhead Adapters2
- WA305 Premium Instrument Cable1
- AA Alkaline Battery2
- Rackmount Hardware1
- Zipper Bag1
- User Guide1
- RF Carrier Frequency Range470–937.5 MHz, varies by region (See Frequency Range and Output Power table)
- Working Range 100 m ( 328 ft)
- RF Tuning Step Size 25 kHz, varies by region
- Image Rejection >70 dB, typical
- RF Sensitivity -97 dBm (at 10-5 BER)
- Latency <2.9 ms
- Audio Frequency Response
- QLXD1: 20 – 20 kHz (±1 dB)
- QLXD2: Dependent on microphone type
- Audio Dynamic Range (System Gain @ +10) >120 dB, A-weighted, typical
- Total Harmonic Distortion (-12 dBFS input, System Gain @ +10) <0.1%
- System Audio Polarity Positive pressure on microphone diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 (with respect to pin 3 of XLR output) and the tip of the 6.35 mm (1/4-inch) output.
- Operating Temperature Range 0°F (-18°C) to 122°F (50°C)
- Storage Temperature Range -20°F (-29°C) to 165°F (74°C )