Featuring transparent 24-bit digital audio quality and incredibly efficient RF spectrum usage and topped with the BETA® 87C microphone capsule, the QLXD2/B87C handheld wireless mic is ideal for wireless vocals in presentation spaces, music venues, and houses of worship.
The Beta 87C Microphone Capsule
Excellent for touring professionals, the Beta 87C delivers a smooth tailored response for a warm, natural studio-grade performance. The Beta 87C’s uniform cardioid pattern provides maximum sound isolation and minimum off-axis tone coloration, rejecting ambient sound from the rear of the microphone—perfect for singers using personal monitor systems. A 3-stage pop filter minimizes breath noise and vocal pops. A controlled low-frequency roll-off compensates for proximity effect and prevents the “boomy” sound that can happen with close-up use.
The Beta 87C boasts a frequency response of 50 - 20,000 Hz. Performance characteristics prevail even at sound pressure levels as high as 139 dB SPL. Plus, the cartridge is shielded by a proven shock mount system to absorb mechanical shock and minimize handling noise.
The QLXD2 Handheld Microphone Transmitter
The QLXD2 is ruggedly built and simple to set up. Boasting transparent 24-bit digital audio quality and incredibly efficient RF spectrum usage, this handheld mic transmitter quickly syncs with a wireless receiver over IR at the push of a button, then maintains its clear, uninterrupted signal over its full 100 m (330 ft.) range. And, when using just 2 AA alkaline batteries, you can enjoy up to 9 hours of continuous, wireless use.
Freedom and flexibility are hallmarks of the QLXD2. Selectable display mode shows group/channel, frequency, or battery runtime for quick checks and adjustments. Choose from a wide selection of compatible microphone options to achieve legendary Shure sound signatures. (Note: When purchasing separate wireless components, please match their frequency bands to ensure proper system operation.)
More about QLX-D Digital Wireless Systems
QLX-D® Digital Wireless systems deliver more wireless capacity to mid-size venues without compromising signal. Streamline setup across multiple receivers. The 24-bit digital audio and the wide frequency response capture the sound as clearly and accurately as it was produced. Wireless Workbench® software provides real-time access, monitoring, and control throughout the performance, allowing you to manage the system from your iOS device for maximum convenience. The rechargeable lithium-ion battery option extends performance on stage.
Shure QLXD2/B87C Features
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency range with flat response (actual response is microphone dependent)
- Interchangeable Shure microphone capsules, including the legendary SM58®
- AES 256-bit encryption for secure transmission
- Over 120 dB of dynamic range - no transmitter gain adjustment needed
- 1, 10 mW selectable RF output power
- Up to 9 hours continuous use with 2 x AA alkaline batteries
- Optional Shure lithium ion rechargeable battery provides up to 10 hours of continuous use and reports remaining runtime in hours and minutes
- External charging contacts for docked charging
- Backlit LCD with easy to navigate menu and controls
- Selectable display mode showing group/channel, frequency, or battery runtime
- 100 meter (330 ft.) line-of-sight operating range
- Rugged metal construction
- Frequency and power lockout
- QLXD2 Handheld Transmitter1
- Beta 87C Capsule1
- Mic Offset Range 0 to 21 dB (in 3 dB steps)
- Battery Type Shure SB900A Rechargeable Li-Ion or AA batteries 1.5 V
- Battery Runtime (@ 10 mW)
- Shure SB900A: up to 10 hours
- Alkaline: up to 9 hours
- Dimensions (L × Dia.)10.1 × 2.0 inches (256 × 51 mm)
- Weight (without batteries)12.2 oz (347 g)
- HousingMachined aluminum
- Audio Input
- Configuration: Unbalanced
- Maximum Input: Level (1 kHz at 1% THD): 145 dB SPL (SM58), typical (Dependent on microphone type)
- RF Output
- Antenna Type: Integrated Single Band Helical
- Occupied Bandwidth: < 200 kHz
- Modulation Type: Shure proprietary digital
- Power: 1 mW or 10 mW (varies by region)