Featuring transparent 24-bit digital audio quality and incredibly efficient RF spectrum usage and topped with the Shure SM86 microphone capsule, the QLXD2/SM86 handheld wireless mic is ideal for wireless vocals in presentation spaces, music venues, and houses of worship.
The SM86 Microphone Capsule
Designed for professional use in live performance, the SM86 mic capsule is great for singing and speaking applications, consistently delivering a clear, studio-quality sound. It offers an extended high-frequency response that has been specifically tailored for the clear reproduction of your vocals. Its cardioid pickup pattern ensures that you capture your vocals accurately while minimizing the pickup of unwanted background noise. The result is a clear, faithful reproduction of your vocals, so your audience can enjoy your sound without any distractions.
The QLXD2 Handheld Microphone Transmitter
The QLXD2 is ruggedly built and simple to set up. Boasting transparent 24-bit digital audio quality and incredibly efficient RF spectrum usage, this handheld mic transmitter quickly syncs with a wireless receiver over IR at the push of a button, then maintains its clear, uninterrupted signal over its full 100 m (330 ft.) range. And, when using just 2 AA alkaline batteries, you can enjoy up to 9 hours of continuous, wireless use.
Freedom and flexibility are hallmarks of the QLXD2. Selectable display mode shows group/channel, frequency, or battery runtime for quick checks and adjustments. Choose from a wide selection of compatible microphone options to achieve legendary Shure sound signatures.
More about QLX-D Digital Wireless Systems
QLX-D® Digital Wireless systems deliver more wireless capacity to mid-size venues without compromising signal. Streamline setup across multiple receivers. The 24-bit digital audio and the wide frequency response capture the sound as clearly and accurately as it was produced. Wireless Workbench® software provides real-time access, monitoring, and control throughout the performance, allowing you to manage the system from your iOS device for maximum convenience. The rechargeable lithium-ion battery option extends performance on stage.
Shure QLXD2/SM86 Features
- 24-Bit digital audio quality
- Incredibly efficient RF spectrum usage
- Quick syncing with a wireless receiver over IR at the push of a button
- Clear, uninterrupted signal over the entire operating range
- AES 256-bit encryption for secure transmission
- Over 120 dB of dynamic range - no transmitter gain adjustment needed
- 1, 10 mW selectable RF output power
- Optional Shure lithium ion rechargeable battery provides up to 10 hours of continuous use and reports remaining runtime in hours and minutes
- External charging contacts for docked charging
- Backlit LCD with easy to navigate menu and controls
- Selectable display mode showing group/channel, frequency, or battery runtime
- Rugged metal construction
- Frequency and power lockout
- QLXD2 Handheld Transmitter1
- SM86 Microphone Capsule1
- Mic Offset Range 0 to 21 dB (in 3 dB steps)
- Battery Type Shure SB900A Rechargeable Li-Ion or AA batteries 1.5 V
- Battery Runtime (@ 10 mW)
- Shure SB900A: up to 10 hours
- Alkaline: up to 9 hours
- Dimensions (L × Dia.)10.1 × 2.0 inches (256 × 51 mm)
- Weight (without batteries)12.2 oz (347 g)
- HousingMachined aluminum
- Audio Input
- Configuration: Unbalanced
- Maximum Input: Level (1 kHz at 1% THD): 145 dB SPL (SM58), typical (Dependent on microphone type)
- RF Output
- Antenna Type: Integrated Single Band Helical
- Occupied Bandwidth: < 200 kHz
- Modulation Type: Shure proprietary digital
- Power: 1 mW or 10 mW (varies by region)