Capture the clearest vocals live with the ULXD2/K8 Digital Wireless Handheld Microphone Transmitter from Shure. This system includes the ULXD2 Handheld Transmitter along with the KSM8 vocal microphone—an ideal pairing for achieving outstanding sound on tour.
Please Note: This transmitter requires the ULXD4 receiver to complete the system. When purchasing separate wireless components, please match their frequency bands to ensure proper system operation.
The KSM8 Wireless Microphone
With a patented cartridge design featuring two ultra-thin diaphragms and groundbreaking reverse airflow technology, the KSM8 Dualdyne™ cardioid vocal wireless microphone delivers unmatched control of proximity effect, presence peaks, and bleed, and requires minimal EQ and processing. An innovative diaphragm stabilization system softens the effects of unwanted movement from plosives or impact. Meticulously crafted for world-class performances and presentations in elite venues, the KSM8 is a revolutionary dynamic mic made with professional vocalists in mind.
The ULXD2 Digital Handheld Transmitter
Providing enhanced mobility and flexibility—yet in a rugged construction for confident long-term use no matter what the application—the ULXD2 is a handheld wireless transmitter that is compatible with Shure’s ULX-D Digital Wireless Systems.
The ULXD2 proprietary Gain Ranging optimizes the system’s dynamic range for any input source, so you no longer need to adjust the transmitter. Use Transmitter Mute Mode to reassign controls to the On/Off switch, changing it into a Mute Switch so you can turn off audio without sacrificing RF channel presence. It also features frequency and power lockout, a backlit display for efficient navigation and settings control, and much more. In addition, the ULXD2 comes with integrated AES 256-bit encryption, ensuring secure transmission.
This handheld transmitter features a durable, all-metal build, as well as external charging contacts for docked charging (with the SBC200 Dual Docking Charger, sold separately).
More about ULX-D Digital Wireless Systems
Shure’s ULX-D® Digital Wireless series offers secure, scalable, and durable systems for large installations such as conferences and conventions. Get wireless coverage for your entire campus. From managing diverse sound sources to protecting RF from smartphones and interferences from other stray signals, ULX-D delivers an intelligent, unique solution to wireless problems of all shapes and sizes.
Shure ULXD2/K8 Features
- AES 256-bit encryption for applications for which secure transmission is needed
- Proprietary Shure Gain Ranging optimizes the system's dynamic range for any input source, eliminating the need for transmitter gain adjustments
- Can be used with Shure lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack (sold separately)
- External charging contacts for docked charging with SBC200 dual docking charger (sold separately)
- Transmitter Mute Mode repurposes the On/Off switch into a mute switch, enabling audio muting while preserving RF channel presence
- Backlit LCD with easy to navigate menu and controls
- Rugged metal construction
- Frequency and power lockout
- ULXD2/K8 digital handheld transmitter1
- Gain offset range0 to 21dB (in 3dB steps)
- Battery typeSB900A rechargeable li-ion or AA batteries 1.5V
- Battery runtime @10mW8-9 hours (battery dependent)
- Capsule typedual diaphragm dynamic (moving coil)
- Polar patterncardioid
- Dimensions10.1" long x 2" diameter
- Weight12 oz (without batteries)
- Audio input
- Configuration: unbalanced
- Preamp EIN: 120dBV, A-weighted, typical (system gain setting >+20)
- RF output
- Antenna type: integrated single band helical
- Occupied bandwidth: >200kHz
- Modulation type: Shure Proprietary Digital
- Power: 1mW, 10mW, 20mW