The WA-84 is a cardioid, vintage-style, small diaphragm condenser microphone based on classic microphone circuit topology. The WA-84 sports a fully discrete signal path, a CineMag USA transformer, Fairchild transistors and Wima capacitors. The WA-84 is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications and sounds great on a variety of instruments and sources, such as; acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass & woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources.
The WA-84 has a very LARGE sound for it’s small size and uniquely uses a heavy Nickel CineMag signal transformer in it’s signal path to warm up and ENLARGE sound sources. Small diaphragm condenser microphones have widely moved to transformer-less technology in recent years for ease and lower-cost manufacturing. When designing the WA-84, however, we chose to go the extra mile and take the classic route by tackling a more boutique design known for it’s it’s crystal clear, yet smooth, LARGE sound.
We are proud to offer something special to the market-place by using large core transformer technology (CineMag USA) in a small diaphragm condenser microphone package. The result is a circuit that we feels sounds absolutely gorgeous and goes the extra mile in terms of signal integrity and smooth boutique tone. The WA-84 is offered in both nickel and black colors and in single and stereo pair quantities.
Warm Audio WA-84 Features
- Custom vintage-style capsule designed to emulate classic componentry and design techniques
- Fully-discrete vintage-style signal path
- CineMag USA transformer contributes to the legendary creamy smooth top-end and the BEEFY mid to bottom-end
- Utilizes Wima, polystyrene and tantalum through-hole capacitors 48V phantom powered
- WA-84 Small Diaphragm Condenser
- Cardioid capsule1
- Mic clip1
- Carrying case1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Range20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance200Ω
- Rated Load Impedance≥1KΩ
- Sensitivity-39 dB or 11MV/PA @ 1 kHz
- Pad0 dB OR -10 dB
- Maximum SPL123/133 dB @ 1 kHz, 0.5% THD, 0/-10 dB
- S/N Ratio78 dBA (IEC651)
- Equivalent Noise16 dBA (IEC651)
- Dynamic Range107 dBA (IEC651)
- Connector3-PIN gold-plated XLR
- Weight122G ea.
- FinishBlack or nickel