The speaker used in the SD72W is the next generation of Atlas high performance cone loudspeakers, very similar to the preceding C-Series speakers. The similarity in the sonic qualities ensures that contractors and designers who have worked with the Atlas Sound C-Series in the past will know exactly what to expect when they use the SD72W.
Model SD72W is a dual cone, 25 watt 8" (205mm) loudspeaker with a 10oz. (260g) ceramic magnet. It includes a curvilinear, treated paper cone for lower harmonic distortion. The loudspeaker is also equipped with a full 1" diameter copper voice coil with a black anodized aluminum former for better power dissipation. Package includes factory installed 25/70.7V line matching transformer with tap selections ranging from .25 to 5 watts.
Model SD72W operates within a frequency response range of 45Hz-19kHz (nominal) with a sensitivity of 97dB and a dispersion angle of 105°.
The SD72W includes a factory installed CRS baffle with concealed loudspeaker mounting studs and includes screw mount hardware. The SD72W baffle features standard mounting holes to accommodate the majority of Atlas Sound 8" tile bridges, mounting rings and enclosures. When specifying mounting hardware be advised that the dimensions of the SD72W baffle match the Atlas Sound Model 62-8. The baffle finish is white powder coat epoxy.
Atlas IED SD72W Features
- 10oz Dual Cone Speaker Provides Familiar Response & Performance
- Attractive CRS White Powder Coat Baffle
- Individually Packaged for Stocking & Ordering Convenience
- Quality 5 Watt-Dual Voltage Transformer
- ETL Certified, Safety Listed to UL1480
- ETL Certified, Safety Listed to UL2043 when paired with appropriate safety listed backcan enclosure
- SD72W 8' Dual Cone Speaker1
- Speaker Type Treated Paper
- Sensitivity 97dB Average
- Frequency Response 55Hz - 8kHz
- Power Taps .25, .5, 1, 2, & 5 Watts
- Dispersion 105° (2kHz Octave Band, -6dB Points)
- Diameter 8 1/8" (20.6375 cm)
- Safety Listed 1480