The AT2040 microphone offers podcasters and content creators all the features needed to get started or to upgrade their setups for a more professional sound. Enjoy outstanding audio without having to worry about background noise: this microphone’s unique design produces consistent audio quality at a close range without annoying pops, and the integrated shock mount further minimizes noises, shocks, or vibrations.
Delivering excellent vocal isolation, multiple AT2040 mics can be used in close proximity without issue, so hosting podcast interviews or collaborations will require minimal post-production editing. Setup is quick and easy with the XLR output connecting to professional broadcast equipment or interfaces for Mac and PC. The dynamic design provides warm, rich, and professional-sounding vocals for content creators of all levels.
The AT2040 dynamic mic offers professional-quality broadcast sound in an affordable package. Although designed for podcasting, the AT2040 can also be used for other content creation setups, such as live streaming, gaming, or doing voice-over work.
This microphone’s large diaphragm element delivers smooth, natural sound, no matter the application. The special internal multistage windscreen (combining foam mesh and a nonwoven pop filter) paired with the hypercardioid polar pattern results in highly directional, tight pickup that reduces external noises while producing a warm, classic sound. The AT2040 podcast microphone makes it easy to record single or dual vocals while in the same room, so even when using two mics to record two-person podcasts, users will enjoy great audio pickup.
Audio Technica AT2040 Features
- Hypercardioid polar pattern for maximum vocal isolation
- Dynamic microphone delivers warm, assertive broadcast sound perfect for podcasting
- Large diaphragm for smooth, natural sound and low noise
- Integrated shock mount attenuates noise, shock and vibration transmitted through mic stands, booms and mounts
- Multistage foam mesh windscreen provides superior internal pop filtering
- AT2040 front address dynamic microphone1
- Pivoting stand mount1
- 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter1
- Soft protective pouch1
- Transducer TypeDynamic
- Polar PatternHypercardioid
- Frequency Response80 Hz - 16 kHz
- Output Impedance600 ohms
- Sensitivity-53 dBV/Pa (2.2 mV)
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- HousingBlack, metal
- Height: 5.72"
- Diameter: 2.05"
- Net Weight: 21.7 oz (615 g)