Durable design of this cardioid condenser microphone provides a high-quality solution for any gooseneck application. Versatile double-gooseneck design of the Pro 49Q microphone allows for flexible positioning wherever it is used. This gooseneck microphone is commonly used in business conferences, courtrooms, preaching in house of worship applications, lecturing from a podium, and more.
Get reliable performance from this mic’s smooth frequency response. Smooth frequency response and cardioid polar pattern do not pick up sound outside the mic’s 120-degree acceptance angle. That sound rejection ensures dependable focus on the voice in front of the mic, even when excessive ambient noise is present in the environment. As a condenser microphone, the Pro 49Q does require phantom power of 9-48 volts. Output is low impedance balanced at 100 ohms, and the signal is displayed across Pins 2 and 3 (Pin 1 is ground). Protective screen reduces wind and popping noises when the speaker gets close to the mic.
Beyond solid sound quality, exterior design of the gooseneck microphone provides a different level of dependability. Standing 13.1 inches from the table or podium, the mic’s all-metal construction offers rugged protection while the double-gooseneck is still easy to adjust for quick positioning. Quick-mount design has 3-pin XLRM-type connector insert at base, allowing the microphone to plug directly into an XLRF-type panel jack or microphone cable. Low-reflectance black finish covers the housing, creating a clean look that won’t reflect bright stage lights into the audience.
Audio-Technica PRO 49Q Features
- Quiet, fixed-placement, long-life gooseneck
- Flat, smooth frequency response
- Quick-mount design with 3-pin XLRM-type connector insert at base plugs into any standard XLRF-type surface or cable connector
- Wide-range condenser element with low-mass diaphragm for superior performance
- Cardioid polar pattern with 120-degree acceptance angle
- Self-contained electronics eliminate need for external power modules
- Foam windscreen offers resistance against pops and breath noises
- PRO 49Q ProPoint Cardioid Condenser Gooseneck Microphone1
- AT8146 windscreen1
- Two Year Limited End User Warranty1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response70 Hz - 16 kHz
- Impedance100 ohms
- Open Circuit Sensitivity -37 dB (14.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Maximum Input Sound Level 134 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range 106 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio 66 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements 9-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Weight 2.8 oz (80 g)
- Dimensions PRO49Q: 13.07" (332 mm) long, PRO49QL: 16.46" (418 mm) long, 0.47" (12 mm) head diameter,0.74" (18.9 mm) base diameter
- Output Connector Integral 3-pin XLRM-type