Triple down on your miking setup with the Beta 98AMP/C-3PK Cardioid Condenser Drum Microphones from Shure. Ideal for use with snares and toms, the Beta 98AMP/C is a compact, high-output, condenser microphone for professional sound reinforcement and studio recording. It features an integrated preamplifier with XLR connection, a flexible gooseneck, and is packaged with the A75M Universal Microphone Mount accessory for precision adjustments and minimal stage clutter. This instrument microphone has a wider dynamic range with a SPL level 7dB higher than Beta 98AD/C and the Beta 98A/C.
Featuring an innovative design that streamlines the microphone’s footprint for more flexible placement options and minimal stage clutter, the Beta 98AD/C boasts a frequency response that’s been tailored to drums, percussion, and other applications that require a wide dynamic range in a high-SPL environment. Its uniform cardioid polar pattern provides excellent gain-before-feedback and off axis rejection of unwanted noise for a smooth and natural high-end response.
Beta 98A Models
- The Beta 98AD/C includes an A98D drum mount. This drum mount features a flexible gooseneck for accurate placement and secure attachment.
- The Beta 98A/C is the same microphone, with the sole difference being it does not include the drum mount.
- The Beta 98AMP/C includes an integrated preamplifier. It comes with a flexible gooseneck and the A75M mount
Please note - any Beta drum microphone featuring the letter 'A' following the model number contains a new capsule and as a result you can expect a more natural high frequency response.
The Beta 98AMP/C is great for:
- Snare drums
More about Shure Beta Microphones
For over two decades, Shure Beta Microphones have been the choice of top touring and recording professionals for capturing fine details in demanding acoustic environments. Each specialized model is precision-engineered for focused, accurate reproduction of the intended source. Recognized for their superior construction, low handling noise, and high gain-before-feedback, Beta Microphones redefine sensitivity and control for essential, expert sound reinforcement.
Shure Beta 98AMP/C 3-Pk Features
- Comes in a set of 3
- Uniform cardioid polar pattern provides maximum gain-before-feedback and rejection of off-axis sound for smooth high-end response and control
- Precision-engineered design features integrated preamplifier and XLR connector to maximize setup efficiency while minimizing stage clutter
- Frequency response tailored for drums and percussion applications with a wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Flexible gooseneck for precise placement and easy adjustment
- Ships with A75M Universal Microphone mount with quick release, for versatile and secure instrument and/or stand mounting
- Enamel coated metal construction and stainless steel inner grille resist wear and abuse
- Furnished with snap-fit windscreen and zipper pouch
- Beta 98AMP/C Instrument Microphones3
- A75M Universal Microphone Mounts3
- 95A2314 Zippered Carrying Bags3
- 95A2064 Snap-fit Windscreens3
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance150 ohms
- Sensitivity at 1kHz, open circuit voltage, typical-50.5 dBV/Pa(2.5 mV)
- Maximum SPL 1 kHz at 1% THD
- 2500 ohms load: 157.5 dB SPL
- 1000 ohms load: 153.0 dB SPL
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio63 dB
- Dynamic Range at 1kHz
- 2500 ohms load: 126.5 dB
- 1000 ohms load: 122.0 dB
- Clipping Level at 1 kHz at 1% THD
- 2500 ohms load: 12.5 dBV
- 1000 ohms load: 7.5 dBV
- Self Noise (equivalent SPL,A-weighted,typical)31.0 dB SPL-A
- Power Requirements11–52 V DC phantom power, 5.5 mA
- Net Weight130 g (4.6oz.)