Optimize your percussion’s sound with the PGA98D Cardioid Condenser Drum Microphone from Shure. This drum mic’s industrial design boasts a black metallic finish and grille, allowing it to visually blend into any environment.
The PGA98D comes with a built-in preamplifier that uses phantom power and an XLR connection. Its tailored cartridge is precision-engineered for clear reproduction of drum and percussion sound sources, while its cardioid polar pattern efficiently “aims” at the desired sound source while minimizing the pickup of unwanted noise from the back and sides. The small, flexible gooseneck design of the PGA98D microphone allows it to fit into tight spots around drums.
Though the PGA98D can be mounted in a standard clip, it comes with a molded one-piece drum mount that makes mic placement fast and easy. Also included in the box is a zippered pouch for safe transport and secure storage. PGA98D-XLR includes XLR to XLR cable. PGA98D-LC does not include cable.
More about Shure’s PG Alta Series
The PG ALTA™ (PGA) series of microphones from Shure offers an affordable solution for entry-level or budget-conscious users who need professional-caliber performance. Whether you’re capturing audio live or in a studio, PGA mics are ideal for capturing reliable, accurate audio from nearly any sound source, including vocals, acoustic instruments, drums, and amplified electronic instruments. Designed and constructed with the utmost care, PGA mics are made to last and are built according to the stringent quality and testing standards of all Shure products.
With the PG ALTA™ Microphone family, Shure continues its 90-year tradition of manufacturing audio products of the highest quality and construction. The PG ALTA family delivers rock-solid sound and reliability that sets the bar for accessible, professional-caliber gear for performance and recording.
Shure PGA98D Features
- Tailored microphone cartridge design for clear reproduction of drum and percussion sound sources
- Flexible gooseneck design makes accurate positioning quick and easy
- Molded one-piece drum mount for fast, low-profile mounting and removal
- Integrated preamplifier uses phantom power and a direct XLR connection
- Cardioid polar pattern picks up audio from the source while rejecting unwanted noise
- Updated industrial design with black metallic finish and grille for unobtrusive visual presence
- Zipper pouch included for additional protection during storage or transport
- Legendary Shure quality design and construction for exceptional performance in rigorous environments
- Ideal for toms, snare drum, and percussion
- PGA98D cardioid condenser drum microphone1
- Molded one-piece drum mount1
- Zipper pouch1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response60 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance850 Ω
- Sensitivity (at 1kHz, open circuit voltage)-52 dBV/Pa (2.51 mV)
- Max. SPL (1kHz at 1% THD, 1kΩ)130 dB SPL
- Self-Noise (A-weighted, typical)27 dB SPL-A
- Polaritypositive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Connector3-pin professional audio (XLR), male
- Housingcast zinc
- Power Requirements11-52 VDC phantom power (2mA)
- Weight8 oz