Microphone headsets offer a level of convenience and mobility beyond even most other lavalier options. The headset is easily covered by hair or hats, and the headset mic can be positioned to hover over or rest against your cheek. Using an omnidirectional pattern, this rounded microphone capsule is sensitive at all angles, providing extremely natural sound. Since omnidirectional microphones pick up more sound, a foam windscreen is included to add protection. For these reasons and features specifically available in the DPA 4266 d:fine, this wireless headset microphone is perfect for broadcasting, speaking in large lecture halls, and is exceedingly popular with actors from Broadway to your local community theater.
Personal preference is also accounted for with the capability to detach the mic boom from the headset mount and wear on either the left or right. A 90 mm (3.5 inch) boom is included on this headset, though other sizes are available (110 mm is standard).
Humidity is often an issue for sound equipment in theaters. This wireless headset mic includes several safeguards against humidity, from a double-vent protection system to a drop stopper on the microphone boom - even the materials inside the mic are water resistant.
Personalize the 4266 d:fine headset microphone by choosing from a variety of available colors, connectors, amplifiers, and earset or headset design. This wireless microphone headset uses the updated CORE technology. CORE uses the same capsule as Legacy, and improves how the preamplifier interprets the miniscule membrane movement within the capsule and electrically converts it into an electrical signal. These changes minimize distortion at higher sound pressure levels than the Legacy technology. This wireless microphone headset has a sensitivity of 6 mV/Pa. That sensitivity matches the level of the human voice to the general input sensitivity of most wireless transmitters, allowing the microphone to handle sound pressure levels up to 144 dB before clipping.
DPA 4266 Features
- Choose from an earset or headset in a variety of colors and connectors
- Pristine sound and durability
- Easy mounting to the left or right
- Resistant to humidity
- Flexible adapter system fits most professional wireless systems
- 2 Year Warranty
- IP 58 Certified
- 4266 d:fine omni headworn microphone with 90mm boom1
- Foam windscreens3
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternOmnidirectional
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Rated Output Impedance30 - 40 ohms
- Sensitivity, Nominal, ±3 dB at 1,000Hz6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent Noise Level, A-weightedtyp. 26 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 28 dB(A))
- Equivalent Noise Level, ITU-R BS.468-4typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB)
- Distortion, THD <1%134 dB SPL RMS, 137 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic Rangetyp. 111 dB
- Max. SPL, THD 10%144 dB SPL peak
- Cable Drive Capabilityup to 300 m (984 ft) with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Output Balance Principlesignal balanced with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- CMRR> 60 dB from 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Power Supply (for full performance)
- For Wireless Systems: Min. 5 V - max. 10 V through DPA adapter
- With DAD6001-BC: P48 (Phantom Power). Will work from 12 V
- Current Consumptiontyp. 1.5 mA (microphone). 3.5 mA with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Microphone: 5.4mm diameter x 12.7mm length
- Cable: 1.6mm diameter x 4.3ft length