The AT4051b-EL Cardioid Microphone Capsule from Audio-Technica is compatible with the AT4900b-48 electronic body (sold separately). This capsule features an innovative design with rugged, turned-brass for durability and consistent performance, while its cardioid polar pattern captures the desired sound source while isolating external background noise, ensuring you capture all the sound you want and none of the noise you don’t.
More about Audio-Technica's AT4051b Microphone
The AT4051 cardioid condenser microphone is designed specifically for professional miking applications where remote power is available. It’s a great choice for uses such as professional recording, broadcast, and sound reinforcement. It functions on 48V DC phantom power via a mixer, console, or a separate in-line source (such as the Audio-Technica AT8801 single-channel or CP8506 four-channel phantom power supplies—all phantom power sources sold separately).
Featuring direct-coupled, balanced output for a clean signal even under high-output conditions, this mic enjoys freedom from the distortion that’s usually associated with conventional transformer-coupled outputs. Its transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients, which in turn contributes to the open, transparent reproduction of even the most difficult-to-capture instruments.
The AT4051b microphone’s housing is constructed of turned-brass for a rugged build that optimizes durability. Included in the box is a custom AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands, a windscreen for protecting your audio from wind noise and vocal pops, and a protective carrying case for safe transportation and secure storage. As with all Audio-Technica gear, this mic meets stringent standards of consistency and reliability, ensuring that you get great-quality sound and long-lasting equipment.
The AT4051b consists of two modular subassemblies: an AT4900b-48 body and an AT4051b-EL head capsule (both available separately). Interchangeable head capsules are available in omnidirectional (AT4049b-EL) and hypercardioid (AT4053b-EL) polar patterns.
Audio-Technica AT4051b-EL Features
- Specially engineered to meet the most critical acoustic requirements of professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement
- High front-to-back rejection ratio cardioid polar pattern improves isolation of desired sound source
- Rugged turned-brass head capsule housing for enduring dependability
- State-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure compliance with Audio-Technica's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- AT4051b-EL cardioid microphone capsule1
- Elementexternally polarized (DC bias) capacitor
- Polar Patterncardioid
- Frequency Response20 - 20.000 Hz
- Weight23 grams