The MMC2006 Twin Diaphragm Omnidirectional Microphone Capsule is a linear omnidirectional mic capsule. The distinctive sound is well balanced. This capsule bridges the gap between the extreme sound quality of the d:dicate Microphones series and our well-known Miniature Microphones in the d:screet and d:fine series.
Inside this capsule, two opposite-facing miniature capsules are custom rebuilt. They are placed into a double-diaphragm, one-capsule composition. This combines the advantages of small capsules with the lower inherent noise achieved from a larger diaphragm area. These capsules provide fast impulse response and large frequency bandwidth.
The capsules are loaded to the supreme d:dicate Microphone series preamplifiers instead of the tiny miniature FET ones. This gives the sound more air and precision.
Comparisons with its big brother, the iconic MMC4006 capsule, are inevitable. The relationship between the two can be clearly heard. The MMC2000 series performs as well as more exclusive microphones.
The MMC2006 capsule is part of the flexible d:dicate Microphone series. The MMC2006A, with the MMP-A preamplifier, is the audiophile’s choice. It provides low distortion and accurate sound. The MMC2006C, with the MMP-C compact preamplifier, offers a subtle character alteration with a bit more 'body' to the low end. The MMC2006C is also easier to position.
DPA MMC2006 Features
- Linear omnidirectional mic capsule
- Well balanced, distinctive sound
- Contains 2 opposite-facing miniature capsules in a double-diaphragm composition
- Advantages of small capsules with lower inherent noise achieved from a larger diaphragm area
- Fast impulse response
- Large frequency bandwidth
- Similar to MC4006 capsule
- MMC2006 twin diaphragm omnidirectional microphone capsule1