The CG-1000 is a master clock generator based on a high-precision OCXO – Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator – with jitter management and glitch-free relocking for the best clock precision available, ideal for recording studios, sound engineers and musicians.
The CG-1000 employs a high-precision OCXO (oven-controlled crystal oscillator) that boasts a clock frequency precision of ±0.01ppm*1 and a frequency stability of ±0.005ppm per day. The jitter management circuit developed by TASCAM reduces external clock jitters, enabling a stable clock signal to video and word outputs. A glitch-free relock circuit maintains a sustained clock phase even during clock dropouts and recovery, thus effectively preventing noise and skipping from occurring, delivering high reliability and stability to users.
The CG-1000 also equips 12 word clock outputs, two AES3/11 and two S/PDIF digital outputs, enabling the construction of large-scale synchronization systems. Furthermore, it is compatible with 2×Fs, 4×Fs, and 256×Fs outputs, as well as Pro Tools and other DAW systems. The CG-1000 is developed so that the cause of any malfunctions can be investigated during maintenance when problem occurs. The analyzer function that measures input frequency are all included, supporting troubleshooting should a problem occurs, while the word clock’s output level can be adjusted to different levels, allowing for optimum signal levels to be supplied to connecting equipment. As another function that supports the detection of problems, a logging function is also included.
Tascam CG-1000 Features
- Internal clock uses a high-precision OCXO (oven-controlled crystal oscillator) that is not influenced by the temperature of the environment
- External input connector that supports 10MHz, allowing creation of systems with even higher precision
- Jitter management circuit provides stable clock
- Glitch-free relocking circuit prevents noise and skipping during clock dropouts and recovery
- Numerous output connectors, including (12) word clock outputs, enabling the use in large-scale audio synchronization systems
- AES3 and AES11 signals can also be used for external master clock input sources
- Analyzer function that can measure input frequencies
- Optimal levels can be provided to other devices by adjusting wordclock output levels
- Self-calibration function using an external oscillator (Atomic/GPS 10MHz, GPS PPS)
- *Use of the self-calibration function requires the use of a separate PPS-output 10MHz oscillator with a built-in GPS antenna
- Word clock performance up to 192 kHz
- Up to (4) system settings can be saved to buttons for recall, and saved settings can be imported and exported via USB
- Durable nut-coupling BNC connectors made by Amphenol
- Independent circuit boards for each connector prevents contact failures due to twisting
- Three-prong IEC power cable included
- Panel-lock switch can be used to prevent inadvertent changes to unit operation
- 128x64-pixel organic EL display with a wide viewing angle
- Firmware updates possible using the USB port
- EIA 1U rack mount size