5254 dual diode bridge compressor offers two channels of iconic diode bridge compression, thoughtfully improved and refined for modern tracking, mixing, and mastering.
Originally developed for the dynamics circuit of the acclaimed Shelford Channel, the 5254 Dual Diode Bridge Compressor captures the soul of Rupert Neve’s original 2254 compressor while providing modern updates including advanced timing control, significantly lower noise, fully stepped controls throughout, and internal parallel processing capabilities. Capture the punchy, larger-than-life tone used on countless hit records for the last 50 years.
Custom-shape your compression envelope with the unified timing control, which enables a much wider range of responses than vintage units or clones. Internal blend control enables you to subtly dial in more dramatic compression settings for color as desired. Enhanced from the vintage units’ half-wave design, the updated sidechain detector provides substantially more accuracy.
Rupert Neve 5254 Features
- Vintage warmth with improved headroom and precision
- Classic diode bridge tone
- Advanced timing controls
- Built-in parallel compression
- Full-wave sidechain detection
- 31-position detented controls
- Stereo linking
- Internal universal power supply
- 5254 dual diode bridge compressor1
- XLR Line Input to XLR Line OutputCompressor Bypassed. zSource = 40 Ohm Balanced
- Input Impedance10 K ohm
- Output Impedance40 Ohm
- Max. Input Level+4 dBu Selected: +26.7 dBu typical
- Max. Output Level+26.7 dBu typical
- Noise10 Hz - 120 kHz: -104 dBu typical
- Frequency Response10 Hz to 120 kHz: +/- 0.25 dB typical
- THD+NFrom 22 Hz - 22kHz BW. @ 1 kHz @ Maximum Level: 0.0008% typical
- Compressor NoiseFrom 22 Hz - 22kHz BW. zSource = 40 Ohms Balanced
- @ 0 dB Make-up gain: -84.5 dBu typical
- @ +20 dB Make-up gain: -64.5 dBu typical
- Compressor TimingTIMING measurements represent the full range achievable between 1.5:1 and 8:1 ratio and FAST mode
- FastAttack 250μS - 2mS // Release 100mS - 200mS typical
- MF (Medium Fast)Attack 1mS - 5mS // Release 100mS - 200mS typical
- Med (medium)Attack 3mS - 18mS // Release 350mS - 700mS typical
- MS (medium slow)Attack 5mS - 40mS // Release 600mS - 1S typical
- SlowAttack 10mS - 80 mS // Release 800mS - 1.5S typical
- AutoAttack 5mS - 40mS // Release T1 400-900mS, T2 1-2S typical
- Dimensions19" x 9" x 1.75"
- Shipping Weight10 pounds