Until the VR Series, the only ribbon mic in the world to perform across 20Hz-20kHz was sE Electronics own Rupert Neve collaboration, the RNR1. This was achieved using state-of-the-art custom transformers and a Rupert Neve-designed circuit to reveal HF usually absent.
With the VR mics, full frequency response is achieved using a clever mechanical device designed by Siwei Zou (the company CEO) and a hand-tensioned ribbon constructed by highly specialized technicians in sE's capsule room.
The result is a superbly detailed, open and natural recording of acoustic instruments and guitar cabs. The VR1's ability to perform - coupled with its unique look - has already made it a secret weapon for top musicians and engineers worldwide.
sE Electronics VR1 Features
- A passive ribbon to bring out the bite and edge from your guitar cabs with no muddy highs
- Achieves full frequency response
- Uses a mechanical device and a hand-tensioned ribbon, both constructed by sE Electronics
- Superbly detailed, open and natural recording sound
- Ideal for acoustic instruments and guitar cabs
- VR1 voodoo passive ribbon microphone1
- Microphone stand clip1
- Thread adapter1
- Shock mount1
- Wooden case1
- Transducer TypeRibbon
- Polar PatternFigure-8
- Frequency Range20 Hz - 18 kHz
- Output Impedance300 ohms
- Sensitivity1.78 mV/Pa (-55 dB)
- Max SPL135 dB (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to noise ratio75 dB
- Self noise19 d(A)
- Matching connectorsXLR3F
- Dimensions (LxWxH)1.3" x 0.77" x 5"
- Weight8.11 oz (230 g)