The sE7 is a high-quality back-electret small diaphragm condenser microphone intended for a wide range of studio and live sound applications, from acoustic guitars to pianos to drums and beyond.
With an optimized acoustic design, discrete class-A circuitry and a transformerless output, it delivers clear, natural sound quality at all frequencies, without suffering from fizzy highs or a lack of low-frequency punch.
The discrete electronics and the switchable attenuation pad ensure a high dynamic range, with high sound pressure level (SPL) handling capability and extremely low-noise components. The switchable low-cut filter helps eliminate rumble or footfall noise, and can also compensate for an excess of bass frequencies caused by the proximity effect. This enables the sE7 to close-mic many instruments including electric guitar speaker cabinets, brass instruments and drums.
The sE7’s specialized capsule is designed for natural, balanced sound quality, with an ultra-thin diaphragm for excellent transient response. Its cardioid polar pattern also makes it ideal for most studio or stage applications, delivering great sound for almost any source.
With a very short signal path and state of the art electronics, the sE7 is the quietest microphone in its class. The transformerless design ensures pristine sound quality, reproducing instruments with excellent clarity and depth.
The switchable -20dB attenuation pad prevents overloading your preamp or mixer and provides extended dynamic range, enabling close-mic techniques for even the loudest sources like brass instruments and snare drums. The integrated 80Hz low-cut filter helps to eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, or to compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques.
sE Electronics sE7 Features
- A compact and classy condenser mic
- Ultra-thin diaphragm for excellent transient response
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Quietest pencil mic in its class
- Switchable pre-attenuation pad
- Switchable low-cut filter
- All-metal housing with gold-plated XLR connector
- sE7 small diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone1
- Custom mic clip1
- Thread adapter1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Range20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance<200 ohms
- Sensitivity19 mV/Pa (-34.5 dBV)
- Max SPL136 / 156 dBSPL (0/20 dB Attenuation pad)
- Equivalent noise level16 dB(A)
- Dynamic range120 / 140 dB (0/20 dB Attenuation pad)
- Signal to noise ratio78 dB
- Low-cut filter80 Hz, 6 dB/Oct, switchable
- Attenuation pad20 dB, switchable
- Powering48 Volts according to IEC 61938
- Current consumption3.0 mA
- Connectivity3-pin male XLR connector
- Dimensions0.91" diameter x 4.72" length
- Weight4.52 oz (128 g)