Developed with ease of use in mind, Sennheiser's XSW-D Vocal Set is a wireless handheld microphone system that delivers intuitive, reliable wireless capabilities to singers and public speakers. This set includes an XSW-D XLR female transmitter, an XSW-D XLR male receiver, an XS 1 cardioid dynamic vocal microphone, a USB-A to USB-C charging cable, and a mic clip.
The XS 1 Microphone
The perfect fusion of excellent live sound and reliable handling, the XS 1 Handheld Cardioid Dynamic Microphone is the perfect entry-level mic for singers, presenters, and other vocal entertainers.
Achieve professional polish to your live sound with this versatile mic’s great feedback rejection and silent mute switch for flexibility and control. Designed for first-time and casual users who appreciate simplicity, upfront vocal presence in the mix, and no complications, the XS 1 also boasts an all-metal housing that makes it the perfect all-purpose, heavy-duty addition to any stage. Its classic cardioid polar pattern allows it to pick up sound from the front of the microphone while minimizing background or ambient noise from the rear or sides—allowing you to easily capture the sound you want while avoiding the noise you don’t.
More about Sennheiser’s XS Wireless Digital Series
Eliminating the need for cable, the XS Wireless Digital Series uses the same 2.4 GHz frequency as WiFi to create a wireless connection between a single transmitter and a single receiver. Allowing license-free operation worldwide, XSW-D is a great solution for musicians onstage or creating a convenient setup in rehearsal rooms.
XSW-D systems are ready to use straight from the box. Each component has a single button for added operation simplicity: Press to power up and link, click once to mute or unmute, and hold down to turn components off.
No more static interference or dropouts. XSW-D systems automatically scan for available frequencies and automatically switches to a new frequency if interference is detected.
Input and output levels have been optimized so you can enjoy plug-and-play user-friendliness. Plug the transmitter into any dynamic XLR vocal mic and plug the receiver into your mixer or active PA speaker. Each component features a single LED that indicates connection stability or battery status; once the light turns green on both the transmitter and receiver, they’re ready to use!
Under ideal operating conditions, XSW-D systems can transmit up to 250 feet (75 meters). Both transmitter and receiver indicators will flash green and red to warn if you’re almost out of range.
Powered via their built-in Lithium-Ion batteries, XSW-D components enjoy up to 5 hours of operating time. Recharge batteries by hooking up the included charging cable to any charging device or computer with a USB-A port.
The XSW-D seamlessly scales to fit your application. Purchase additional transmitters or receivers (sold separately) and pair them to your existing system as your needs grow. Use up to 5 systems simultaneously. Up to 4 transmitters may be paired with a single receiver; however, only one transmitter may be used at any given time.
To pair components, begin with both devices powered off. Press and hold their buttons for at least 5 seconds to enable pairing. Both indicators will flash green and red, then turn solid green when the pairing is complete.
All components of the XSW-D series are available separately, allowing you to purchase additional transmitters and receivers, belt clips, camera adapters, and connecting cables to fully customize your setup.
Sennheiser XSW-D Features
- One touch ease-of-use
- 2.4 GHz digital transmission for worldwide operation
- 75m range (250ft) in optimal conditions
- Up to 5 hours battery life on a single charge
- Switch between multiple transmitters linked to one receiver
- Configure any combination of transmitters and receivers
- Mute from either transmitter or receiver
- XSW-D XLR female transmitter1
- XSW-D XLR male receiver1
- XS 1 cardioid dynamic vocal microphone1
- Mic clip1
- USB-A to USB-C charging cable1
- XSW-D XLR FEMALE TX: approx. 102 x 24 x 28 mm
- XSW-D MINI JACK TX: approx. 86 x 24 x 28 mm
- XSW-D INSTRUMENT TX: approx. 122 x 24 x 28 mm
- XSW-D XLR MALE RX: approx. 109 x 24 x 28 mm
- XSW-D MINI JACK RX: approx. 86 x 24 x 28 mm
- XSW-D INSTRUMENT RX: approx. 122 x 24 x 28 mm
- XSW-D PEDALBOARD RX: approx. 130 x 82 x 51 mm
- THD, total harmonic distortion < 0.1 %
- Charging time typ. 3 h
- Audio output max. 12 dBu
- Operating temperature -10 °C to +55 °C (14 °F to 131 °F)
- Signal-to-noise ratio ≥ 106 dB
- Operating time up to 5 h
- Modulation GFSK with TDMA
- Battery Specification Lithium-Ion
- Capacity 850 mAh
- Codecs aptX® Live
- Frequency range 2,400 - 2,483.5MHz
- Max. Input voltage typ. 5.0 V
- Transmission power max. 10 mW
- Voltage 3.7 V
- Operating relative humidity 95 % (non-condensing)
- Latency < 4 ms
- Temperature Range 0 °C - 60 °C (32 °F - 140 °F)
- Audio frequency response
- 3.5 mm Jack/XLR: 80 - 18,000 Hz
- 6.3 mm Jack: 10 - 18,000 Hz