A member of the Shure Axient Digital Wireless Systems line, the AD1 Bodypack Transmitter equips you with professional-caliber audio, no matter what your application. Its rugged metal construction allows it to take the punishment of the most demanding stages. The AD1 bodypack incorporates a TA4 connector (another available option, the AD1LEMO3, is sold separately).
Achieve stellar audio quality and breakthrough RF performance in this feature-packed wireless digital transmitter. Choose between two transmission modes: Standard Mode optimizes wireless coverage, while High Density Mode intensifies the coverage and maxes out the system’s channel count. The AD1’s other features include wide tuning up to 184 MHz, an included detachable ¼-wave antenna, and secure transmission via its encryption enabling. The AD1 also offers convenient power options. Use the included pair of AA batteries, or opt for the compatible SB900B lithium-ion rechargeable batteries (sold separately). The bodypack includes external contacts for charging the entire unit in a dock (sold separately).
Also included with the AD1 Bodypack Transmitter are a threaded TAF4 adapter, belt clip, and bag for transport and storage.
Note: When purchasing separate wireless components, please match their frequency bands to ensure proper system operation.
More about Shure’s Axient Digital Wireless System
The Axient® Digital Wireless System from Shure is designed to provide pristine audio clarity, advanced connectivity, scalable hardware, network charging, and premium wireless signal stability—all in a system that gives you precise control while offering optimal convenience of use in professional wireless production. Developed according to the input of top audio professionals, Axient Digital boasts 184 mHz tuning across all receivers and transmitters, up to 47 active transmitters per 6 MHz TV channel, and an industry-leading 2 milliseconds of latency. These features, with flat frequency response, multiple digital audio output options, next-generation digital radio with encryption, and Quadversity and High-Density modes, make the Axient Digital Wireless System a powerhouse for modern broadcast needs no matter how crowded the spectrum environment.
Every component of the Axient Digital Wireless Systems has been stress-tested and fine-tuned for efficiency, durability, and reliability so you get the best results. Choose from a handheld transmitter (the AD2 wireless microphone transmitter) or a bodypack transmitter (AD1, AD1LEMO3, or ADX1), and pair it with a receiver such as the AD4D Dual Channel or AD4Q Quad-Channel. Other members of the Axient Digital series of equipment include the ATX600 Axient Spectrum Manager, the AD610 Diversity ShowLink Access Point, and the SBC-AX Axient Charging Module.
Complex setups, high channel counts, and constrained spectrum are everyday hurdles for today’s major events and tours. Axient Digital was built to tackle these problems head-on to give you ultimate control over professional production and improve every aspect of your workflow. Offering big sound quality for big audiences, this wireless system is the ideal solution for major award shows, halftime performances, music festivals, and even Broadway.
Discover solutions to meet your wireless needs when you browse SoundPro’s Shure Wireless Systems page.
Shure AD1 Features
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz range with flat frequency response
- Automatic input staging optimizes gain setting
- AES 256-bit encryption-enabled for secure transmission
- >120 dB dynamic range
- 100 meter (300 feet) line-of-sight operating range
- Selectable modulation modes optimize performance for spectral efficiency: standard (optimal coverage, low latency), high density (dramatic increase in max system channel count)
- Built-in tone generator and RF markers to facilitate walk-testing
- Switchable Power Levels = 2/10/35 mW (region dependent)
- Frequency Diversity selection using two bodypacks
- TA4 or LEMO3 audio connector option
- Backlit LCD with easy to navigate menu and controls
- Rugged metal construction
- Flexible ¼ wave antenna
- Menu and power lockout
- Over 8 hours continuous use with 2 x AA alkaline batteries
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery provides extended battery life, precision metering, and zero memory effect
- External charging contacts for docked charging
- AD1 bodypack transmitter1
- AA alkaline batteries: 80B82012
- 1/4 wave Antenna: varies by region1
- Threaded TAF4 adapter: WA3401
- Carrying/Storage Bag: 26A131
- Belt clip: 44A125471
- Mic Offset Range-12 to 21 dB (in 1 dB steps)
- Battery TypeShure SB900B Rechargeable Li-Ion or LR6 AA batteries 1.5 V
- Battery Runtime @ 10 mW
- Shure SB900B: up to 8 hours
- Alkaline: up to 8 hours
- Dimensions (HxWxD)3.4" x 2.6" x 0.9"
- Weight155 g (5.0 oz.), without batteries
- HousingCast Metal
- Operating Temperature Range-18°C (0°F) to 50°C (122°F)
- Storage Temperature Range-29°C (-20°F) to 74°C (165°F)
- Audio Input
- Connector: 4-Pin male mini connector (TA4M) or Lemo Connector
- Configuration: Unbalanced
- 4-Pin male mini connector (TA4M): 910 kΩ
- Lemo Connector: 8.2 kΩ
- Maximum Input Level: 1 kHz at 1% THD
- Pad Off: 8.5 dBV ( 7.5 Vpp)
- Pad On: 20.5 dBV ( 30 Vpp)
- Preamplifier Equivalent Input Noise (EIN)
- System Gain Setting ≥ +20
- -120 dBV, A-weighted, typical
- RF Output
- Connector: SMA
- Antenna Type: 1/4 wave
- Impedance: 50 Ω
- Occupied Bandwidth: <200 kHz
- Channel-to-Channel Spacing
- Standard Mode: 350 kHz
- High Density Mode: 125 kHz
- Modulation Type: Shure Axient Digital Proprietary
- Power: 2 mW, 10 mW, 35 mW
- Specific Absorption Rate (SAR): < 0.20 W/kg