Compatible with Axient® Digital Wireless Systems, the Shure AD2/KSM9HS Handheld Transmitter is a wireless microphone transmitter that equips you with professional-caliber audio and enhanced RF performance—no matter what your application. Boasting a KSM9HS microphone capsule, this transmitter is ideal for capturing vocals. Its design is characterized by a backlit LCD with an intuitive menu and controls as well as a low-profile, lockable power switch.
Choose between two transmission modes: Standard Mode optimizes wireless coverage, while High Density Mode intensifies the coverage and maxes out the system’s channel count. Other features include wide tuning up to 184 MHz, an included detachable ¼-wave antenna, and secure transmission via its encryption enabling. Use the included pair of AA batteries, or opt for the compatible SB900B lithium-ion rechargeable batteries (sold separately). The transmitter’s housing incorporates external contacts for dock charging (dock unit sold separately).
The AD2’s rugged metal construction allows it to take the punishment of the most demanding stages, while its black finish blends seamlessly into virtually any environment. It comes with a zippered bag, a brass adapter, a black swivel adapter, two AA alkaline batteries, and a battery contact cover.
Note: When purchasing separate wireless components, please match their frequency bands to ensure proper system operation.
More about the KSM9HS Microphone Capsule
Capture the nuances and detail of your vocals with the KSM9HS mic capsule. Boasting a dual diaphragm design and switchable polar patterns (hypercardioid/subcardioid), the KSM9HS has been designed specifically for stellar performance in live environments. It offers exceptional consistency across all frequencies, delivering more gain before feedback while simultaneously decreasing the proximity effect.
More about Shure’s Axient Digital Wireless System
The Axient® Digital Wireless System from Shure is designed to provide pristine audio clarity, advanced connectivity, scalable hardware, network charging, and premium wireless signal stability—all in a system that gives you precise control while offering optimal convenience of use in professional wireless production. Developed according to the input of top audio professionals, Axient Digital boasts 184 mHz tuning across all receivers and transmitters, up to 47 active transmitters per 6 MHz TV channel, and an industry-leading 2 milliseconds of latency. These features, with flat frequency response, multiple digital audio output options, next-generation digital radio with encryption, and Quadversity and High-Density modes, make the Axient Digital Wireless System a powerhouse for modern broadcast needs no matter how crowded the spectrum environment.
Every component of the Axient Digital Wireless Systems has been stress-tested and fine-tuned for efficiency, durability, and reliability so you get the best results. Choose from a handheld transmitter (the AD2 wireless microphone transmitter) or a bodypack transmitter (AD1, AD1LEMO3, or ADX1), and pair it with a receiver such as the AD4D Dual Channel or AD4Q Quad-Channel. Other members of the Axient Digital series of equipment include the ATX600 Axient Spectrum Manager, the AD610 Diversity ShowLink Access Point, and the SBC-AX Axient Charging Module.
Complex setups, high channel counts, and constrained spectrum are everyday hurdles for today’s major events and tours. Axient Digital was built to tackle these problems head-on to give you ultimate control over professional production and improve every aspect of your workflow. Offering big sound quality for big audiences, this wireless system is the ideal solution for major award shows, halftime performances, music festivals, and even Broadway.
Discover solutions to meet your wireless needs when you browse SoundPro’s Shure Wireless Systems page.
Shure AD2/KSM9HS Features
- Works with Axient® Digital Wireless Systems
- Features the KSM9HS cartridge
- Offers more than 11 hours of continuous battery life with Shure lithium-ion rechargeable batteries or 8 hours with AA batteries at 10 mW
- Includes AD2/KSM9HS, microphone clip, zipper bag, 2 AA batteries, and user guide
- Two transmission modes: Standard for optimal coverage and new High Density for maximum system channel count and robust coverage
- Rugged metal construction in black or nickel finish
- Backlit LCD with easy-to-navigate menu and controls
- Low-profile, lockable power switch
- Encryption-enabled, secure transmission
- AA or SB900A lithium-ion rechargeable batteries for convenient power options
- External contacts for docked charging
- Shure AD2/KSM9HS Microphone Transmitter1
- Zipper Bag1
- Brass Adapter1
- Swivel Adapter1
- AA alkaline batteries2
- Battery Contact Cover1
- Microphone TypeDigital Wireless Handheld
- Capsule TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternHypercardioid / Subcardioid (Selectable)
- SpectrumUHF / 900 MHz ISM
- Audio Frequency Response20 Hz-20 kHz (Dependent on microphone type)
- Working Range330 feet
- Mute ControlYes
- Battery TypeSB900A Rechargeable Li-Ion or LR6 AA batteries 1.5 V
- Battery RuntimeSB900A: up to 9 hours, Alkaline: 8 hours
- Dimensions10.1 in. x 2.0 in. Length x Dia.
- Weight12 oz. without batteries