Go wireless, wherever. Offering transparent audio quality and reliable performance, the ADX5D Axient Digital 2-Channel Portable Wireless Receiver is a versatile tool for audio professionals in myriad scenarios, from concert tours to film studios, live broadcasts, and more. Compatible with all transmitters in the AD and ADX series of Shure’s Axient Digital Wireless Systems, this receiver boasts a slot-in design and robust RF performance that ensures reliability even in the most challenging environments.
Experience wireless freedom with an excellent range and minimal dropouts with ADX5D’s true digital diversity reception per channel. This receiver boasts an advanced digital modulation scheme that increases its efficiency and allows your setup to handle more wireless channels in the available frequencies.
Choose between two transmission modes: Standard Mode optimizes wireless coverage, while High Density Mode intensifies the coverage and maxes out the system’s channel count while providing enhanced spectral efficiency. In addition, it offers ShowLink® Direct Mode for remote control of Axient Digital transmitters—no external equipment is needed. Other features include wide tuning up to 184 MHz, down to 2-millisecond latency,
The ADX5D’s user interface has been optimized for ultimate—and easy—control. Its high-resolution OLED display allows you to see your settings even in low-light environments. Organize your most popular functions using Menu Structure to ensure the features you need are only a few clicks away. Streamline your menu even further with Shortcut Menu to narrow settings down to the most critical functions. Quickly switch between RF channels from preselected frequency groups with Party Dial. Monitor each channel’s signal with 5-segment Channel Quality meters.
This receiver offers great connectivity and compatibility. Connect headphones or a balanced line-level input via its Aux 3.5mm output. Achieve control over your network using the compatible Wireless Workbench® software and ShurePlus™ Channels app. A USB-C port allows for effortless firmware updates. This receiver also can be integrated with third-party components such as portable mixers and recorders, allowing for RF scan and deployment, audio gain adjustments, transmitter battery life monitoring, and more.
The ADX5D includes 2 removable antennas with standard SMA connectors, a Showlink (2.4GHz) antenna, and a USB-A to USB-C cable.
Notes: Interference avoidance is only available in Manual mode when using DB15 or DB25 backplates with United States models. ShowLink is not available when ADX5D is used with third-party control devices in the United States models.
More about Shure’s ADX Series
The Axient® Digital Wireless System from Shure is designed to provide pristine audio clarity, advanced connectivity, scalable hardware, network charging, and premium wireless signal stability—all in a system that gives you precise control while offering optimal convenience of use in professional wireless production. ADX models in this series feature integrated Diversity ShowLink, a remote control functionality that allows you to make adjustments to settings in real-time and automatically minimizes interference.
Developed according to the input of top audio professionals, Axient Digital boasts 184 mHz tuning across all receivers and transmitters, up to 47 active transmitters per 6 MHz TV channel, and an industry-leading 2 milliseconds of latency. These features, with flat frequency response, multiple digital audio output options, next-generation digital radio with encryption, and Quadversity and High-Density modes, make the Axient Digital Wireless System a powerhouse for modern broadcast needs no matter how crowded the spectrum environment.
Complex setups, high channel counts, and constrained spectrum are everyday hurdles for today’s major events and tours. Axient Digital was built to tackle these problems head-on to give you ultimate control over professional production and improve every aspect of your workflow. Every component of the Axient Digital Wireless Systems has been stress-tested and fine-tuned for efficiency, durability, and reliability so you get the best results. Choose from a handheld transmitter or a bodypack transmitter, and pair it with a receiver. Offering big sound quality for big audiences, this wireless system is the ideal solution for major award shows, halftime performances, music festivals, and even Broadway.
Note: When purchasing separate wireless components, please match their frequency bands to ensure proper system operation.
Shure ADX5D Features
- Dual-channel slot-in form wireless receiver
- Impeccable audio quality
- Wide tuning range up to 184 MHz (region dependent)
- High spectral efficiency due to advanced digital modulation scheme offers more wireless channels in available RF space
- High Density (HD) mode provides even higher spectral efficiency (application dependent)
- True digital diversity reception per channel for drop-out resistance and excellent range
- Networked control with Wireless Workbench® software and ShurePlus™ Channels app
- 5-segment Channel Quality meters display per-channel RF link quality
- Party Dial feature enables users to quickly switch between RF channels from a pre-selected group of frequencies
- Optimized Menu Structure places the most commonly used features within a few clicks of each other
- Enhanced Shortcut Menu provides rapid access to only a few critical features and menus
- Aux 3.5mm audio output provide connection to headphones or to a balanced line-level input
- Accessory Mount with cold shoe adapter (sold separately)
- Removable antennas with standard SMA connectors
- High-resolution OLED display
- USB-C port for firmware upgrades
- Streamline user interface
- Low latency, down to 2 milliseconds
- ADX5D Axient digital 2-channel portable wireless receiver1
- USB-A to USB-C cable1
- UHF antenna2
- ShowLink (2.4GHz) antenna1
- Dimensions (H×W×D) 1.7×19×13.1” (44×483x333mm)
- Weight (without antennas)10.1 lbs (4.6 kg)
- HousingSteel; extruded aluminum
- Power Requirements
- 100 to 240 VAC, 50–60 Hz
- 0.68 A max
- Thermal Dissipation Maximum23 W (78 BTU/hr)
- Idle15W (51 BTU/hr)
- AUDIO OUTPUT
- Gain Adjustment Range –18 to +42 dB in 1 dB steps (plus Mute setting)
- 1/4" (6.35 mm): Transformer-cou- pled Balanced (Tip=audio, Ring=no audio, Sleeve=ground)
- XLR: Transformer-Coupled Balanced (1=ground, 2=audio +, 3=audio –)
- Impedance (Typical, XLR Line Out): 100Ω
- Full Scale Output (200 kΩ load)
- 1/4" (6.35 mm): +8 dBV
- XLR (LINE setting): +18 dBV
- XLR (MIC setting): –12 dBV
- Mic/Line Switch: 30 dB pad
- Phantom Power Protection: Yes
- Network Interface: 10/100 Mbps, 1 Gbps, Dante Digital Audio
- Network Addressing Capability: DHCP or Manual IP address
- Maximum Cable Length: 100 m (328 ft)
- CASCADE OUTPUT
- Connector Type: BNC (Note: For connection of one additional receiver in the same band)
- Configuration: Unbalanced, passive
- Impedance: 50Ω
- Insertion Loss: 0 dB, typical
- RF INPUT
- Spurious Rejection: >80 dB, typical
- Connector Type: BNC
- Impedance: 50Ω
- Bias Voltage: 12-13.5 VDC, 150 mA maximum, per antenna, switchable on/off
- RF Carrier Frequency: AD4D=A: 470–636 MHz
- Range: AD4D=B: 606–810 MHz
- Model-Dependent: AD4D=C: 750–960 MHz