Take your microphone system mobile with Shure's BLX288/PG58 Dual Wireless Handheld Microphone System. With wireless features that provide enhanced freedom of movement around your space without compromising your audio quality, this system is great for small venues, wedding halls, houses of worship, conference centers, and educational and corporate facilities. It is comprised of a BLX88 Dual Channel Receiver and two BLX2 Handheld Transmitters with PG58 mic capsules, as well the accessories you need to get set up quickly and start capturing your sound.
More about the BLX2 Handheld Transmitter
Lightweight and rugged, the BLX2 delivers audio with professional-caliber clarity and consistency, its sound is customized via its integrated microphone capsule design. This handheld transmitter is capable of -10dB of gain attenuation.
More about the PG58 Microphone Cartridge
Go into each performance with confidence. The rugged PG58 is ideal for lead and backup vocal performance applications.
More about the BLX88 Dual-Channel Receiver
The rugged BLX88 is an analog wireless receiver that can expand to up to 12 mic channels on each channel for a total of 24. Since this is a dual-channel receiver, two frequencies will be selected. Other features include QuickScan, a microprocessor-controlled internal antenna, connectivity to PA systems and mixing boards, and much more!
More about Shure's BLX Series
BLX® Wireless Systems combine intuitive operation, rigorously tested quality and durability, and legendary sound right out of the box. Transmitters work for up to 14 hours on two AA batteries, and the system operates at a range of 300 feet, allowing you to expand your stage into the audience without interruption. All receivers include Shure’s Quickscan features, allowing you to find a clear frequency and set your transmitter to the same channel quickly and easily.
With consistent reliability across a wide variety of transmitters, receivers, and accessories, you’re sure to find a sound that works for you from this extensive selection of BLX series gear. Pick from bodypack (BLX1), handheld (BLX2), head-worn (MX35, MX53, PGA31, SM31, SM35), instrument (B98), or lavalier (CVL, W85, W93) clip-on transmitters according to what best suits your performance needs. Complement your favorite transmitter with the perfect receiver, from the ultra-portable BLX4 with internal antenna (BLX4, BLX14, BLX24), to the BLX88 dual-receiver that accommodates two transmitters (BLX88, BLX188, BLX288, BLX1288), to the rack-mounted BLXR with its 2 removable antennas (BLXR, BLX4R; rackmount hardware is also included).
Go wireless with confidence using this specially engineered system that gives you pristine audio clarity without noise interference or disappointing dropouts. BLX series gear gives you the versatility and selection to pick and choose precisely the equipment to fit your needs whatever that venue or performance. Whether you’re a performer or presenter, BLX Wireless is the ideal choice for producing stellar, dependable sound.
Shure BLX288/PG58 System Features
- Dual wireless system provides professional sound quality with simple setup and an intuitive interface
- Communicates using analogue wireless transmission between BLX88 receiver and wireless mic in use
- Works at up to 300 ft line of sight
- Ideal for small venues, wedding halls, houses of worship, conference centers, and more
- BLX88 Dual Channel Receiver1
- BLX2/PG58 Handheld Transmitter2
- Microphone Clips2
- Power Supply1
- AA Batteries2
- User Guide1
- Working Range: 91 m (300 ft) Line of Sight
- Audio Frequency Response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion Ref. ±33 kHz deviation with 1 kHz tone: 0.5%, typical
- Dynamic Range: 100 dB, A-weighted, typical
- Operating Temperature: -18°C (0°F) to 57°C (135°F)
- Polarity: Positive pressure on microphone diaphragm (or positive voltage applied to tip of WA302 phone plug) produces positive voltage on pin 2 (with respect to pin 3 of low-impedance output) and the tip of the high impedance 1/4-inch output.
- BLX2 Transmitter
- Audio Input Level
- 0dB: -20 dBVmaximum
- -10dB: -10 dBVmaximum
- Gain Adjustment Range: 10 dB
- RF Transmitter Output: 10 mW, typical
- Dimensions: 8.82 in. X 2.09 in. (224 mm X 53 mm) L x Dia.
- Weight: 7.7 oz. (218 g) without batteries
- Housing: Molded ABS
- Power Requirements: 2 LR6 AA batteries, 1.5 V, alkaline
- Battery Life: up to 14 hours (alkaline)
- BLX88 Receiver
- Output Impedance
- XLR connector: 200 Ω
- 6.35 mm (1/4") connector: 50 Ω
- Audio Output Level Ref. ±33 kHz deviation with 1 kHz tone
- XLR connector: –27 dBV (into 100 kΩ load)
- 6.35 mm (1/4") connector: –13 dBV (into 100 kΩ load)
- RF Sensitivity: -105 dBm for 12 dB SINAD, typical
- Image Rejection: >50 dB, typical
- Dimensions:1.50 in. X 12.13 in. X 3.98in. (38 mm X 308 mm X 101 mm) H x W x D
- Weight:15.1 oz. (429 g)
- Housing: Molded ABS
- Power Requirements: 12–15 V DC @ 235 mA (BLX88, 320 mA), supplied by external power supply (tip positive)