With an interchangeable BETA 87A microphone capsule, the ULXD2/B87A delivers uncompromising audio quality and RF performance, and AES 256-bit encryption for secure transmission. This transmitter is available in different frequencies.
Please Note: When purchasing separate wireless components, please match their frequency bands to ensure proper system operation.
The Beta 87A Microphone Capsule
Deliver studio-grade clarity and crispness to live mixes while increasing your vocal presence, brightening your sound, and attaining pristine accuracy. The Beta 87A capsule features tailored smooth frequency response that emphasizes upper midrange to raise vocal presence in the mix. It boasts a supercardioid polar pattern, delivering maximum voice isolation that cuts through the crowd, compensates for noise bleed from personal monitors, and ensures that your vocals stay in the spotlight. The electronically controlled low-end roll-off keeps the bass from blasting over the mix.
The ULXD2 Digital Handheld Transmitter
Providing enhanced mobility and flexibility—yet in a rugged construction for confident long-term use no matter what the application—the ULXD2 is a handheld wireless transmitter that is compatible with Shure’s ULX-D Digital Wireless Systems.
The ULXD2 proprietary Gain Ranging optimizes the system’s dynamic range for any input source, so you no longer need to adjust the transmitter. Use Transmitter Mute Mode to reassign controls to the On/Off switch, changing it into a Mute Switch so you can turn off audio without sacrificing RF channel presence. It also features frequency and power lockout, a backlit display for efficient navigation and settings control, and much more. In addition, the ULXD2 comes with integrated AES 256-bit encryption, ensuring secure transmission.
This handheld transmitter features a durable, all-metal build, as well as external charging contacts for docked charging (with the SBC200 Dual Docking Charger, sold separately).
More about ULX-D Digital Wireless Systems
Shure’s ULX-D® Digital Wireless series offers secure, scalable, and durable systems for large installations such as conferences and conventions. Get wireless coverage for your entire campus. From managing diverse sound sources, to protecting RF from smartphones and interferences from other stray signals, ULX-D delivers an intelligent, unique solution to wireless problems of all shapes and sizes.
Shure ULXD/B87A Features
- AES 256-bit encryption for applications for which secure transmission is needed
- Proprietary Shure Gain Ranging optimizes the system's dynamic range for any input source, eliminating the need for transmitter gain adjustments
- Can be used with SB900B lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack (sold separately)
- External charging contacts for docked charging with the SBC200 dual docking charger (sold separately)
- Transmitter Mute Mode repurposes the On/Off switch into a mute switch, enabling audio muting while preserving RF channel presence
- Backlit LCD with easy to navigate menu and controls
- Rugged metal construction
- Frequency and power lockout
- B87A capsule is a condenser with supercardioid polar pattern
- ULXD2/B87A digital handheld transmitter1
- Gain offset range0 to 21dB (in 3dB steps)
- Battery typeSB900A rechargeable Li-Ion or AA batteries 1.5V
- Battery runtime @10mW8-9 hours (battery dependent)
- Capsule typeelectret condenser
- Polar patternsupercardioid
- Dimensions10.1" long x 2" diameter
- Weight12 oz (without batteries)
- Audio input
- Configuration: unbalanced
- Preamp EIN: 120dBV, A-weighted, typical (system gain setting >+20)
- RF output
- Antenna type: integrated single band helical
- Occupied bandwidth: <200kHz
- Modulation type: Shure proprietary digital
- Power: 1mW, 10mW, 20mW