Zoom’s ZDM-1 podcast microphone pack was built for high-quality creation whether your podcast is just starting out, or you’re upgrading your tech. The pack is centered around Zoom’s popular ZDM-1 dynamic microphone and ZHP-1 closed-back headphones. Accessories add convenience and sound protection during the recording process, with an adjustable tabletop mic stand, windscreen, and mic cable all included.
The ZDM-1 microphone was crafted to handle voices of all ranges with equal clarity and precision. Supercardioid polar pattern brings the focus exactly where you want it, without picking up clutter from background noises or listeners in the room.
This microphone can work in louder environments than the day-to-day podcast needs, making it perfect to take your podcast on the road. Sound pressure levels up to 135 dB can be handled without problematic clips or distortion. With that SPL rating, your audio comes through clean, unless your podcast is recording on top of a jackhammer or jet engine! Sounds are further isolated with the mic’s built-in shock-absorbing mechanism.
Critical listening is possible with the ZHP-1 headphones. Their closed-back design provides excellent isolation, helping you stay focused only on what you’re choosing to listen to. The headband is self-adjusting so you can wear the headphones for hours on end without discomfort.
Podcast recording with the ZDM-1 microphone becomes even more convenient with the included tripod. Height is adjustable, and the tripod is durable but lightweight, perfect for traveling. A windscreen and mic cable are also included.
Zoom ZDM-1 Pack Features
- ZDM-1 dynamic microphone tolerates high SPLs and has broadcast sound
- Supercardioid polar pattern in mic
- Closed-back headphones have adjustable headband
- Tabletop tripod height is adjustable and legs fold down for easy travel
- Windscreen is custom-fitted
- XLR mic cable has shielding, and durable connectors
- ZDM-1 large-diaphragm dynamic microphone1
- ZHP-1 Professional closed-back headphones1
- ZTPS-4 Tabletop tripod1
- 6.56 ft. XLR microphone cable1
- ZDM-1 Microphone
- Transducer type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 18,000 Hz
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Sensitivity: -54dBV.Pa (2mV)
- Connector: XLRM
- Dimensions: 5.9" x 2.12"
- Weight: 3 pounds (1.36 kg)
- ZHP-1 Headphones
- Acoustic design: dynamic, closed-back
- Driver: Ø40 mm, neodymium
- Sensitivity: 97 +/-1.5dB (1 mW) at 1kHz
- Frequency response: 10 - 20,000Hz
- Max input power: 200mW
- Rated impedance: 68Ω at 1 kHz
- Earpad: leatherette
- Headband pressure: approx 4.5N
- Cable: 9.9 ft (3 m) straight cable, single-sided
- Connector: stereo mini jack
- Weight: 7.76 oz (220 g)