Music lovers delight in its natural, vibrant sound as well as its excellent spacious reproduction.
The semi-open headphones attenuate ambient noise, but do not exclude it completely, and thus convey a harmonious sound experience. These headphones have been part of the beyerdynamic portfolio for 20 years and still enjoy exceptional popularity. All components are available as replacement parts, making the DT 880 Edition a reliable companion for many years to come..
The DT 880 Edition sounds very neutral and relaxed. The bass reproduction penetrates very deeply, but is not overstated. This feature is particularly appealing to lovers of jazz and classical music because it gives the headphones a really transparent sound and makes the individual components of the music clearly audible. Thanks to its semi-open design, the DT 880 Edition allows some ambient noise to penetrate and escape, but attenuates it somewhat stronger than in the case of a fully open headphone such as the DT 990 Edition.
The over-ear headphones are very light for their size and ensure a pleasant fit thanks to their carefully selected materials. The soft ear pads are made from breathable and skin-friendly velour, effectively keeping any build-up of heat away from your ears and allowing you to enjoy music for hours. The combination of comfortable headband and robust yokes made from aluminium ensure a comfortable fit and an excellent stability.
Beyerdynamic DT 880 Features
- Circumaural, premium headphones for music enjoyment at home
- Neutral highs and bass tones and excellent spatial reproduction
- Optimum wearing comfort, even when enjoying music for several hours
- Made in Germany
- DT 880 Hi-fi Semi-Open Headphones1
- Operating Principle Semi-Open
- Transmission Type Wired
- Weight (headphones without cable) 290 g
- Headphone Frequency Response 5- 35,000 Hz
- Nominal Sound Pressure Level 96 dB
- Sound Coupling to the Ear Circumaural (around the ear)
- Cable & Plug Stereo jack plug 3.5 mm (1/8") & 1/4" adapter (6.35 mm)