The KSM9HS with the ULXD2 digital handheld transmitter features the KSM9HS hypercardioid/subcardioid condenser vocal microphone capsule, which captures vocal subtlety with extraordinary detail to deliver clear articulation and precise vocal reproduction for live performance.
Please Note: When purchasing separate wireless components, please match their frequency bands to ensure proper system operation.
The KSM9HS Microphone Capsule
Capture the nuances and detail of your vocals with the KSM9HS mic capsule. Boasting a dual diaphragm design and switchable polar patterns (supercardioid and cardioid), the KSM9HS has been designed specifically for stellar performance in live environments. It offers exceptional consistency across all frequencies, delivering more gain before feedback while simultaneously decreasing the proximity effect.
The ULXD2 Digital Handheld Transmitter
Providing enhanced mobility and flexibility—yet in a rugged construction for confident long-term use no matter what the application—the ULXD2 is a handheld wireless transmitter that is compatible with Shure’s ULX-D Digital Wireless Systems.
The ULXD2 proprietary Gain Ranging optimizes the system’s dynamic range for any input source, so you no longer need to adjust the transmitter. Use Transmitter Mute Mode to reassign controls to the On/Off switch, changing it into a Mute Switch so you can turn off audio without sacrificing RF channel presence. It also features frequency and power lockout, a backlit display for efficient navigation and settings control, and much more. In addition, the ULXD2 comes with integrated AES 256-bit encryption, ensuring secure transmission.
This handheld transmitter features a durable, all-metal build, as well as external charging contacts for docked charging (with the SBC200 Dual Docking Charger, sold separately).
More about ULX-D Digital Wireless Systems
Shure’s ULX-D® Digital Wireless series offers secure, scalable, and durable systems for large installations such as conferences and conventions. Get wireless coverage for your entire campus. From managing diverse sound sources to protecting RF from smartphones and interferences from other stray signals, ULX-D delivers an intelligent, unique solution to wireless problems of all shapes and sizes.
Shure ULXD2/KSM9HS Features
- AES 256-bit encryption for applications for which secure transmission is needed
- Proprietary Shure Gain Ranging optimizes the system’s dynamic range for any input source, eliminating the need for transmitter gain adjustments
- External charging contacts for docked charging (with the SBC200 Dual Docking Charger)
- Transmitter Mute Mode repurposes the On/Off switch into a mute switch, enabling audio muting while preserving RF channel presence
- Backlit LCD with easy to navigate menu and controls
- Rugged metal construction
- Frequency and power lockout
- ULXD2/KSM9HS digital wireless handheld microphone transmitter1
- Gain Offset Range0 to 21 dB (in 3dB steps)
- Battery TypeShure SB900A Rechargeable Li-Ion or LR6 AA batteries 1.5 V
- Battery Runtime @ 10mW8-9 hours
- Housingmachined aluminum
- Audio Input
- Configuration: unbalanced
- Max. Input Level 1kHz at 1% THD: 145dB SPL (dependent on microphone type)
- Preamp EIN (system gain setting ≥ +20): 120dBV, A-weighted, typical
- RF Output
- Antenna Type: integrated single band helical
- Occupied Bandwidth: <200kHz
- Modulation Type: Shure Proprietary Digital
- Power: 1mW, 10mW, 20mW
- Dimensions10.1" length x 2" diameter
- Weight12 oz without batteries