Specifically tailored for professional sound reinforcement, the ULXD4 from Shure is a half-rack, networkable wireless receiver for use with ULX-D Digital Wireless Systems. The ULXD4 provides uncompromising wireless performance, is available in different frequencies, and offers a wide range of features—such as 24-bit / 48 kHz digital audio quality, efficient and intelligent RF performance, Digital Predictive Switching Diversity, 72 MHz tuning range, and AES 256-bit encryption for security.
The ULXD4 boasts a rugged build and intuitive design that makes it easy to use and personalize to the specific needs of your project. It features audio and RF LED meters with peak indicators for instant settings updates, as well as gain adjustment buttons on the front panel for easy access, allowing you to effortlessly provide up to 60 dB of additional gain. An LCD menu on its front panel allows for streamlined control, while the display screen itself can be adjusted for contrast and brightness—so you can confidently view your settings at a glance, even in dimmer lighting environments. The LCD menu also includes a lockout feature for added security.
Go wireless the way it was meant to be. The ULXD4’s High Density mode optimizes the ULX-D system to simultaneously operate significantly more channels in applications up to 30 meters apart. Enjoy streamlined setup functions with ethernet networking across multiple receivers, connecting Wireless Workbench® 6 integration, and AMX/Crestron control. Support for frequency coordination is provided with the Axient® Spectrum Manager.
The ULXD4’s intelligent scanning functionality makes it easy to detect frequencies and pair transmitters, automatically finding and deploying the cleanest frequencies to transmitters via IR sync. Meanwhile, interference detection and alerts (provided on both this receiver and Wireless Workbench® 6) ensure that your signal remains top-quality.
Included with the ULXD4 digital wireless receiver is the rack hardware required to install it in a rack mount, as well as “remoteable” ½ wave antennas.
Please Note: When purchasing separate wireless components, please match their frequency bands to ensure proper system operation.
More about ULX-D Digital Wireless Systems
Shure’s ULX-D® Digital Wireless series offers secure, scalable, and durable systems for large installations such as conferences and conventions. Get wireless coverage for your entire campus. From managing diverse sound sources, to protecting RF from smartphones and interferences from other stray signals, ULX-D delivers an intelligent, unique solution to wireless problems of all shapes and sizes.
Shure ULXD4 Features
- Predictive switching diversity
- High Density mode optimizes ULX-D systems to simultaneously operate significantly more channels in applications up to 30 meters
- Intelligent scanning automatically finds and deploys the cleanest frequencies to transmitters over IR sync
- Interference detection and alerts provided on both the receiver and Wireless Workbench 6
- Front panel gain adjustment buttons provide up to 60 dB additional gain
- AES 256-bit encryption-enabled for applications where secure transmission is needed
- Ethernet networking provides streamlined setup across multiple receivers, Wireless Workbench 6 integration, and AMX/Crestron control
- Support for frequency coordination with the Axient Spectrum Manager
- Rugged metal chassis
- Intuitive front panel LCD menu and controls with lockout feature
- Upgraded LCD with adjustable contrast and brightness
- Audio and RF LED meters with peak indicator
- Remoteable 1/2 wave antennas
- Furnished rack hardware
- ULXD4 digital wireless receiver1
- RF input
- Spurious rejection: >80dB, typical
- Connector type: BNC
- Impedance: 50Ω
- Bias voltage: 12-13V DC, 170mA maximum, per antenna
- Audio output
- Gain adjustment range: -18 to +42dB in 1dB steps (plus mute setting)
- Configuration: 1/4" impedance balanced (tip=audio, ring=no audio, sleeve=ground); XLR balanced (1=ground, 2=audio+, 3=audio-)
- Impedance: 100Ω (50Ω unbalanced from 1/4" output)
- Full scale output: +12dBV (1/4"), +18dBV (XLR Line setting), -12dBV (XLR Mic setting)
- Mic/line switch: 30dB pad
- Phantom power protection: yes
- PoE: no, protected
- Network interface: single port Ethernet 10/100 Mbps
- Network addressing capability: DHCP or Manual IP address
- Max Ethernet cable length: 328 ft (100 m)
- Housinggalvanized steel
- Dimensions (HxWxD)7.75" x 6.75" x 1.65"
- Weight2 pounds (without antennas)