One entry-level option to refined studio monitor headphones in Audio-Technica’s M-Series, ATH-M30x delivers sound performance beyond what you typically expect at this price point. Highly detailed audio has strong mid-range definition, allowing it to rise to the occasion in various settings. From modern exterior to high-quality interior, listeners get a comfortable listening experience with enhanced audio and effective isolation that make these headphones great for tracking and mixing.
Several factors help create the focus on audio that is required of a good pair of headphones. Closed-back dynamic design offers superior isolation with minimal bleed, whether that is sound coming in to or out of the headphones. Around the ear earpads effectively block out ambient noise for a sound isolation more comfortable than full noise-cancellation.
Equipped with 40mm dynamic drivers that have rare earth magnets, these headphones provide quality sound from the low to high end. Frequency response of 15-22,000 Hz offers a comfortably wide range. Response is slightly tailored to favor the critical dialog frequency range, so you get exceptional quality without any sacrifice to overall response.
Comfort is an important aspect in a good pair of headphones. The same cushion material used to pad the around the ear earcups lends comfort to the headband as well. Earcups can swivel 15°, and one earcup can be folded away from the ear in the style of one-ear DJ monitoring. Headband can fold tightly over the earcups for optimal storage and portability. Permanently attached 10-foot single-side exit cable gives more room to roam from your device than most other headphone cables.
All the features of the ATH-M30x headphones combine to offer a solid monitoring solution for day-to-day monitoring activities in studio or location recording.
Audio-Technica ATH-M30x Feature
- 40 mm drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Tuned for enhanced detail, with excellent mid-range definition
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- Designed for studio tracking, mixing and field recording
- Permanently attached 10’ cable with left-side exit
- Headband can be folded over earphones
- 15-22,000 Hz frequency response
- Maximum input power of 1300 mW at 1 kHz
- 96 dB sensitivity
- ATH-M30x Closed-Back Monitor Headphones1
- Screw-on adapter1
- Carrying pouch1
- Two Year Limited End Warranty1
- Type Closed-back dynamic
- Driver Diameter 40 mm
- Frequency Response 15 - 22,000 Hz
- Maximum Input Power 1,300 mW at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity 96 dB
- Impedance 47 ohms
- Weight 7.8 oz (220 g), without cable and connector
- Cable 9.8' (3 m), straight, left-side exit
- Cable - Detachable No
- Connector Gold-plated stereo 1/8” (3.5 mm) connector with strain relief
- Magnet Neodymium
- Voice Coil Copper-clad aluminum wire
- Folding/collapsible Yes